• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice period photos of A-2's

Micawber

Wet A2's.

The crew of Mizpah II / Frisco Jenny of the 91st BG H after being picked up by fishermen, Bexhill On Sea September 6th 1943. Pilot William Cox was forced to ditch the aircraft just offshore after a raid on Stuttgart.

The aircraft was eventually beached and scrapped on site.

Cox Crew after ditching Bexhill Sept 43.jpg

Cox Crew after ditching - photo rear.jpg

Edward

Pinks & Greens and Leather!

CREW 42-31914 BUTCH 326th Squadron, 92nd Bombardment Group.

Pilot: Bernard Rosenfeld
Co-pilot: Gerry Robson
Navigator: John Launius
Bombardier: Gene Metz
Flight engineer/top turret gunner: Walt Nicodemus
Radio Operator: Bill Petrie
Ball turret gunner: Claud Morehead
Waist gunner: Walt Wisniewski
Waist gunner: Ray Schuster
Tail gunner: Jim Cook

media-39965.jpeg

Edward

LT Hilfinger's Crew 486th BG
Standing (L to R): Pascual S. Robles (bg), William T. Hilfinger (P), Lester S. Towle (CP), Ulysses S. Miller (N), Hector J. Rosseau (B), George S. Keenan (NG). Kneeling (L to R): Thomas J. Browne (RO/WG), Mart T. McEndree (TG), Irving Sarrina (FE/WG), James J. Martelle (TG). (courtesy of Rebecca Robles, daughter of Pascual).
media-39976.jpeg

B-Man2

Looks like a bunch of guys that you could find hanging out on a local corner or having a pint in the local pub.

B-Man2

That would be a nice photo to colorize looks like one jacket is Russet and the other might be a Seal color.

Pilot

which is very American :D :cool:
I wonder what the Nazis thought about the American Jews bombing them...
Hate! was even triggering more hate...simply because the first victims as usual were not the one targeted, but civilians...The Nazi-Propaganda used this very widely...and generated the “never give up” will...plus some murdering of downed airmen....if the civies caught them prior the Feldgendarmerie ( Military-Police ) did.

Last edited:

Edward

I think its fair to say we can certainly pick out the size 38 jackets in this bunch! ;):D
hell one looks like it may be a size 36! (now I'm gonna go to the gym and work on my shoulders some more lol!)

524Th Bomb Squadron, 379Th Bomb Group, England 15 June 1944.
media-39048.jpeg

media-39018.jpeg