• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice period photos of A-2's

Officer Dibley

And another appearing to have no finish left. Re-dye candidate ?

1AEDAAE7-2D53-4DC2-954F-F104C655B292.jpeg

B-Man2

Great A2 photos .. Some of those could definitely be steer. Didn’t realize how many contracts were made using steer until I looked at Gary Eastmans book, “The A2 Manual”. Turns out there were more than we originally thought.

B-Man2

There was some conversation on another thread about the height of caps. That ones pretty tall as original caps go.

Micawber

TBH Most of the images of crews I've seen from the 91st [and I've seen a LOT ...and some here will know why] the most common wear for officers when flying combat missions was a B-6 or later A-11 flight helmet.

Officer Dibley

I was going to mention the zipper - i didn’t recognise it Burt so thanks for that info. I thought Roughwear had a collar stand, no ? Or only some ?
Dave

B-Man2

I was going to mention the zipper - i didn’t recognise it Burt so thanks for that info. I thought Roughwear had a collar stand, no ? Or only some ?
Dave
Good call Dave!
Had to go to the ELC A2 book to check. Every RW contract has a collar stand according to the book. I found one Cable contract W535ac 24759 42-10008P that had no collar stand and came with a Conmar Zip on one particular version of the jacket that came with small ring press studs........ And to think that some guys are good enough to know this stuff by heart ....... Whoa!!