• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New M-422 is finally here

Jeff M

m444uk said:
Conclusion: Kelso asking 585 euros / £ 488 is not unreasonable for a G&F

For me, the "reasonableness" of the price is still unresolved, and will be until there are some jackets in peoples hands and some reviews out there.
The new BK line has been advertised here for quite a while now, with little to show at present.
The reason given for the delays in the new web site/production of jackets are all very reasonable..but,
after the Mark Moye / Aero USA debacle, I have incorporated a bit more of that Missouri "Show me" attitude when it comes to dealing with leather jacket merchants embarking on new endeavors/I have not had lengthy experience with.

Keeping fingers crossed that BK's new line works out, is all it is advertised to be, and customer service is top notch. If it is...I'll likely be placing an order myself.
I get the feeling it will be a bit longer before all those questions are answered though...and after the Moye debacle, I am reluctant to be one of those "testing the waters". :shock:

ButteMT61

I feared bringing the Aero USA thing up too, but it's what I thought as well. "Reasonable" is not something anyone here can say as they don't have one of these jackets in hand - its that simple.
I can't imagine how much work goes into something like this, but I agree that johnnyboy has the right approach. Betting the farm while procuring "cost is no object" originals to make the "next line" seems nuts given we haven't seen the current line. And the website is unchanged.
I hope this goes well. I hope we have a legit player to add to the market. But I can't gamble with such sums of money - I can barely justify buying what I have. I've never gambled, so my aversion to this is high. Nothing personal. But "show me the money" Jerry.

A

Anonymous

All questions will be answered shortly, the website will be up soon with all the information and everyone will be happy. No worries.

Meantime, some "fit" photos (I told you I am not a good model -at least have some hair ;) )
Please note in the photos I wear size 42, but size 40 fits me much better (40 was not available at the time)

Seal brown RW 27752 Indoors (cheap camera)
img2793uf.jpg

Seal brown RW 27752 Outdoors in the shade (cheap camera)
img2795p.jpg

Seal brown RW 27752 Outdoors in the sun
img2796e.jpg

Russet RW 23380 Outoors in the sun
img2804e.jpg

leper-colony

Looks great and the size 42 looks good on you. :) I'm eager, as others, to see more info on the website and these ad-hoc pics help more than you know.

A

Anonymous

here's a photo wearing original RW 27752

img2805j.jpg

and photo of the Russet 23380

img2791de.jpg

ButteMT61

There we go! You don't have to be a model - nobody (that I've seen) is. Those pics are great. That's what I wanted to see. Jackets look nice!

Roughwear

Thanks for taking time to post these pics. The leather used on the 23380 has much character. So what will it be on sale for?

Almagnifico

What are the differences between your first pattern and the new pattern of RW ?
Excepted leather, lining and clip. Juste the pattern please.

airfrogusmc

I have a W&G 422 on the way. Was told it could ship as early as next week so I will let everyone know my opinion when it arrives.

A

Anonymous

What are the differences between your first pattern and the new pattern of RW ?
Excepted leather, lining and clip. Juste the pattern please.

no differences in the pattern
it's the exact same

dmar836

Almagnifico,
Did you ever post pics of the BK you have? With several moving it will be great to see some more pics!

Dave

Almagnifico

I will received a BK in few days. Then, I will post some pictures.
I already have one, but it is little big for me. So, the pictures don't give homage at the jacket.

Almagnifico

My first BK.
The sleeves are too long but I don't know for the body.
The jacket is really good and, if the sleeves are too long, this is my false and not the false of BK.
I made a mistake for the size. That's why I order another one, and because I really love the BK jacket :D
If only I could, I will order a third.

Andrew

It looks great, I like the tones and fall of the leather but you are right and a smaller size will fit you much better. Make sure you post some comparison shots when it arrives.

dmar836

Not bad at all. Yeah, looks like it just misses by an honest size. Happens all the time. What size is it again?

Dave