• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

ausreenactor

Dubow 1755. EPIC choice Wei.

Its great throwing ideas around and seeing other's thought processes.

Im pretty set on the RW 1401 in russet, but after my last one, I will definitely only make the call once Ive seen the available leather and bits.
It makes a big difference having some actual samples in hand.

You guys probably like surprises at Christmas too. ;)

MaydayWei

Dubow 1755. EPIC choice Wei.

Its great throwing ideas around and seeing other's thought processes.

Im pretty set on the RW 1401 in russet, but after my last one, I will definitely only make the call once Ive seen the available leather and bits.
It makes a big difference having some actual samples in hand.

JC sends samples? I didn't know that.
And, if I may, what happened to your last GW? :0

ausreenactor

No...

16292409504803000094429847718445.jpg

Still in the box from Christmas last year and untouched... just to prove a point.

AlexLutov

Gentlemen, what kind of contract can be called a slim fit? I have a doniger good wear, it fits perfectly, but it's a goat and I should definitely buy a 2 from a horse someday and it should be a good wear.

Brettafett

@MaydayWei Wei, John will supply leather samples, but its pointless to get them too soon.
I made this error in the past, getting excited about a partial leather and then 6 months or a year (or even last min) this is not available.
So best to request samples nearer the time. John will be able to offer best divorce here.

@AlexLutov As above, Bronco/ United Sheeplined, Dubow, Werber, Perry, Star, early Aeros... even the RWs - all depends on the size you order (you can request a trim or comfortable fir, and anything in-between)
Also your body type plays a part. Broad shoulders, narrow waist, or straight up, or well-endowed... John will be able to advise here also.

Im trim and lean and find the Dubows fit beautifully, as do the RWs and AVIs Bronco.

Smithy

Righto, where's everyone sitting now?

I'm still steadfastly for the 27752, only thing I'm tossing around is the leather. It'll be seal and horsehide but just have to pick which, although I reckon John will have the best idea.

Everyone starting to decide or more confused than ever?

Brettafett

Russet - Still RW1401, but I recently saw a new-build in Shinki and it looked way to red/ orange for my taste.
So, this will depend a lot on the russet available when John gets to my oder.

If not, I may change this to a USN jacket.

Seal - Still a a Dubow or a Bronco (again, Johns promised more info and details on the Bronco, as he has upgraded his patterns...

Bremspropeller

You guys are putting ideas into my head - I kind of like the thought of "the A-2 to end all A-2s".
Currently still waiting for my BK Star (for 8 months now). If that arrives, I'm kind of thinking about a russet Unted Sheeplined in 44 with golden-brown knits...

The thing that still kind of puts me off with GW is the customs-rate on top of actual jacket.

Brettafett

I was also thinking about that 'issue'.

I was planning a US trip pre-global-crisis... IF.... If things 'open' up again enough to travel freely by the time my jacket/s are ready to be made, I was thinking of some annual vacation US-side.
Im well aware, customs/ duties on a GW is going to hurt.