• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

Lorenzo_l

Makes putting down that $200 deposit and the long wait completely worth it Lorenzo!

I've thrown a load of cash at jackets over the years, some have worked, some haven't, but I've never looked forward to getting a jacket as much as this GW.

Like I wrote in the very first post when I started this thread, I should have done this years ago!

I totally agree Tim, although it was a bit of a process to get though to JC but once I made contact and dropped the deposit, I knew I it would be worth it. In fact, I dropped a second deposit last weekend. I had been considering the idea for a while now, and Brett's similar move was the incentive I needed. Hopefully, that will be it for A-2s for me!

Brettafett

So Lorenzo, what two contracts are topping your list?

I have added the Dubow 20960 to my seal group, which is now Dubow 20960, Bronco (and RW27752)

Lorenzo_l

So Lorenzo, what two contracts are topping your list?

I have added the Dubow 20960 to my seal group, which is now Dubow 20960, Bronco (and RW27752)

I am almost settled on a Aero 16160 in dark russet as the first contract. Still undecided on the second contract, but it will be a no-collar-stand jacket in seal brown. The Dubow 1755 is an option. Any suggestions on the second contract?

mulceber

Any suggestions on the second contract?

The Dubow is a nice contrast to the Aero 16160. That would be my vote. Another option would be a Star.

As for me, there’s been a Plot Twist. @Greg Gale had basically persuaded me to stick with the Monarch, but then this somehow happened:
087DB3C8-6340-4B19-ACB3-0F9774C1FFF8.jpeg

I think my decision process just got complicated….

P.S. There will of course be a thread about this beauty in the vintage section in the near future. ;)

Last edited:

Lorenzo_l

The Dubow is a nice contrast to the Aero 16160. That would be my vote. Another option would be a Star.

As for me, there’s been a Plot Twist. @Greg Gale had basically persuaded me to stick with the Monarch, but then this somehow happened:View attachment 64701
I think my decision process just got complicated….

P.S. There will of course be a thread about this beauty in the vintage section in the near future. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, Jan. I had originally considered a Star as the first choice for a GW, but JC suggested other contracts instead. That's when the Aero 16160 moved to the prime choice spot. As for you, is that a "new" original you are wearing in that photo?

Last edited:

Smithy

This could have been a long year or two...

But I haven't changed with a 27752 so whilst you other guys have the fun of umming and ahhing and going over things, I'm done. I've picked the contract, picked the hide, picked the thread and picked the knits. Done and dusted. John is not going to have a lot of back and forth with me :D

Lucky I've got a few other hobbies to keep me busy in the meantime!

Brettafett

Im pretty much settled on the RW1401 for the russet.
Seals going to be fun, its a ping pong match at the mo, but I have my firm favourites.

I think its part of the fun toying with ideas and researching options.
At the end of the day, its a long way off, and John's input and samples will help decide.

In the mean time, I am eagerly awaiting my Headwind Church M-422a... From what Ive seen thus far, Im really excited.

MaydayWei

So, I woke up this morning and for some reason or another I just felt like I needed another A2.
I've been really loving Platon's 27798 Dubow but, as wonderful as his 27798 is, I don't think I'd want two jackets of the same contract.

Hence.... my contemplation of a GW A2 in Seal. :p
I've really fallen for the dramatic scalloping of the Star Sportswear's pockets.
However, I also love the fit of my Platon 27798, and was hoping to find a similarly trim fit.
Any recommendations, chaps? ;)

mulceber

Glad to hear you’re considering one, Wei! I own a Dubow and a Star from BK, and imho, the fit is pretty different: higher arm holes and an overall trimmer fit on the Star. I like both of them a lot, but they’re very different fits. If that sounds like what you’re looking for, have at it! :) A Bronco could be another good option. I haven’t owned one of them, but I’m told JC is the only one who really nails that manufacturer.