• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

B-Man2

To my eyes they look like a match .
The GW Dubow and the original look like they could easily have been made on two different days at the DuBow factory .
The only reason I’m saying two different days is, the color of the knits are different which might have reflected a different batch of knits being used on a different day of production.

B-Man2

GW pocket also sits a bit low in comparison.
But I wonder... if one could compare a number of originals of the same contract... How many would actually be this close in comparison?

Just shows why GWs are the pinnacle of repros...
Agree with you Brett. We’ve had several discussions regarding the wonkiness of jackets from the same contract . Rough Wears , Dubows, Aeros , pick a contract , two successive jackets made by the same sewing machine operator can be different. No one can put together a jacket with exactly the same precision time after time . It’s humanly impossible . Couple that with the fact that the focus was on meeting production demands and delivery schedules and that would easily explain the wonkiness or the differences in the jackets . The GW DuBow that WZ posted next to the original if aged 80 years would be impossible to tell the difference between both jackets based on sight alone . A person would have to handle both jackets and have a pretty good working knowledge of the components and hardware used in the production of both jackets to tell the difference between the two. Just my opinion .

Pilot

Received this early GW Dubow from Pilot this morning. Here are some pics of my original and GW.
View attachment 88819View attachment 88821View attachment 88823View attachment 88825View attachment 88827View attachment 88829
Thankyou Sir for your business.
Great comparison!

As a side note… the Gentleman and buyer paid premium courier shipping ( 129 Euro) but due to the allocated speed of remittance of the parcel, no one had time to check and invoice for customs nor taxes… even if all was declared in line with all trading laws and INCOTERMS.
If postal shipping would have been done…( approx 60 Euro not inssured and 6 weeks waiting/travelling) the buyer would have been charged import duties and taxes…
Once again:
Cheap is not always lower in cost :)

Last edited:

saucerfiend

Coming today!

RoughWear 1401 3.jpg

Kermit3D

Wz1999

Wonderful... the skin is incredible. The comparison with the original Dubow is really interesting.
Pilot showed me this jacket about a year ago. If it had been my size I wouldn't have hesitated to buy it.
I'm glad you are happy with it.
Thanks. I did contact JC a couple days ago and received his reply to confirm this jacket was made in 2010 with Shinki russet horsehide.

65173A11-D6FB-4D06-813E-D16227707991.jpeg
A2C2495A-9CA1-4ED9-B6BA-0FD00BE3F925.jpeg