• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

Kermit3D

I would be too.

IIRC, you were planning on getting in line for an A-2 when the B-6 arrives. Any thoughts yet on what contract you'd like? :)
Right now I'm all focused on the B-6.
After the B-6, it will probably be an Irvin Aero Leather (the same as yours... but maybe a "pre-war" one, I don't know yet.)
I really want to own something emblematic of the RAF... and this is also the jacket worn by the "Normandie Niemen" pilots.
But I think I'll quickly send JC a $200 bill. I'll have close to two years to decide on a jacket... but for now I'm on an A-2 Rough Wear russet. But nothing is really decided yet....

Kermit3D

About the B-6, here is the description of the jacket :

The jacket will be a 41 Long using WWII sizing (not modern sizing). Originals were created in Regular, Short, and Long versions, so it's still historically accurate.
Shinki horsehide will be used for seam reinforcements.

The sheepskin comes from the American tannery (the same skin as your B-6, Jan).

:p

Last edited:

Pa12

About the B-6, here is JC's description of the jacket :

"The jacket will be a 41 Long by your dimensions, using WWII sizing (not modern sizing), and it should be easy to wear with a heavy shirt or sweater, but not have a bulky look. Originals were created in Regular, Short, and Long versions, so it's still historically accurate."

I asked that the reinforcing strips on the leather seams not be too light. I don't want too much color contrast between the leather strips and the sheepskin
"I'll use seal brown Shinki horsehide, which will be just a little bit lighter in shade than the sheepskin, but won't have any stark contrast."

"I'll use my dark russet cotton thread, which will be about the same color as the Shinki horsehide. I'll also use dark cowhide for the belt parts (which were Latigo cowhide leather on originals). Arnoff used black faux-roller buckles, and I have buckles that are identical in shape."

The sheepskin comes from the American tannery (the same skin as your B-6, Jan).

"The ten hides I got are magnificent. I'm starting right now, and if all goes well, I'll be done on Monday night, and can ship on Tuesday."

:p
Always exciting to have one coming. Enjoy.

Nickb123

Holy crap. Its already around month 7-8 here. So far, I can emphatically state that the time breezes by on the wait list.

I’m now thinking to just go with an Arcadia - to try to replicate the one that I sold off and was “lost” in transit. Some kind of natural hide. That was without a doubt the best jacket I’ve owned. I actually had a guy at the bank come up to me and start caressing the leather.

I’ll be done with repros after this. From here on out, original USN only. They’re most interesting and can be daily wearers.

I picked up that California Sportswear 7823 that had been sitting on the ‘bay too. Whoops.

Pa12

Hay burner grain starting to pop on this Platon
47832C2A-2887-42E7-9ED6-D271924D0A69.jpeg

Nickb123

I am the owner of the Pancho Barnes test jacket that JC made. John told me that Jan and Natalie had given him the commission, so I have waited until now to post a photo to avoid stealing their thunder. There are a few different details, especially the back. This one is made of Horween HH. I am surprised how un-stiff it is. Feels like it has been completely broken in.

View attachment 82208
To this day this jacket is just killer.

Kermit3D

Ok I won't keep the suspense going...
(especially since I took this picture 3 days ago, but I didn't have time to post it)

The jacket (a B-6 Arnoff) is absolutely gorgeous o_O ! As I was telling John, it exceeds (by far) all my expectations.
The fit couldn't be better. John did a wonderful job.
I plan to do a full review with lots of detail, this jacket really deserves it.
Right now I don't want to take pictures because it's dark when I get home at night... but I'm sharing these two pictures John took before he sent me the jacket :

Arnoff_Type_B6.jpg

collar1.jpg

London Cabbie

Ok I won't keep the suspense going...
(especially since I took this picture 3 days ago, but I didn't have time to post it)

The jacket (a B-6 Arnoff) is absolutely gorgeous o_O ! As I was telling John, it exceeds (by far) all my expectations.
The fit couldn't be better. John did a wonderful job.
I plan to do a full review with lots of detail, this jacket really deserves it.
Right now I don't want to take pictures because it's dark when I get home at night... but I'm sharing these two pictures John took before he sent me the jacket :

View attachment 93777

View attachment 93779
Stunning, I’m gearing up to get in line…