• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Julius

Persimmon

Dear Mods.
I know you have banned certain members from this site.

In the main I probably disagreed with your reasoning but it’s your site so sadly I let it go. Were they disrupting. Perhaps but sometimes we don’t see what’s behind things.

However this forum seems recently to have just become a site of unhappiness, anger and bitterness and I can put it down to just one person.

His non de plume is Julius.

I have no idea who he is or indeed where he resides because it’s never disclosed. Frankly now I just don’t care anymore.

But sadly whichever thread I want to look at, review or participate it’s invariably contaminated and corrupted by this individual.

They are terribly harsh words but I can’t lie and say that they are not true.

I used the word sadly because I live in a live and let live world but even for me I have come to realize enough is enough.

I have stopped enjoying the forum. I never thought I would say it but there it is.

I have learnt much and enjoyed the views of much wiser heads than mine during this time.
Some truly great members have seen to have disappeared and I truly regret that.
But there are still some wonderful knowledgable chaps on the site to keep it going and hopefully going strong in the future.

In all these years of participating I have seen photographs and descriptions of jackets of all types and they have made me adapt my buying and wants list.
I have valued the time reading the various threads and have continued to be educated more than I could rightfully ask.

But I believe if Julius continues to remain on this forum it will continue to severely damage it.

I have no right to say it’s him or me so I guess I must walk away but please to keep other members from repeating my folly and to make it once more an enjoyable experience for many, consider please his position on this forum.

Why does the majority of threads now have to become a war of words these days.
One of hate and lies and mistrust and deep anger.

Why when pushed are there no answers to questions only more accusations and threats.
There are no shades of grey. Only a dogmatic Black and White which if you fail to agree makes you in the wrong.
Compromise. No never.
It develops finally along to the same conclusion - always the whole world is against me and then a respite and disappearance but for never long enough.

Anyway there it is.

B-Man2

Dear Mods.
I know you have banned certain members from this site.

In the main I probably disagreed with your reasoning but it’s your site so sadly I let it go. Were they disrupting. Perhaps but sometimes we don’t see what’s behind things.

However this forum seems recently to have just become a site of unhappiness, anger and bitterness and I can put it down to just one person.

His non de plume is Julius.

I have no idea who he is or indeed where he resides because it’s never disclosed. Frankly now I just don’t care anymore.

But sadly whichever thread I want to look at, review or participate it’s invariably contaminated and corrupted by this individual.

They are terribly harsh words but I can’t lie and say that they are not true.

I used the word sadly because I live in a live and let live world but even for me I have come to realize enough is enough.

I have stopped enjoying the forum. I never thought I would say it but there it is.

I have learnt much and enjoyed the views of much wiser heads than mine during this time.
Some truly great members have seen to have disappeared and I truly regret that.
But there are still some wonderful knowledgable chaps on the site to keep it going and hopefully going strong in the future.

In all these years of participating I have seen photographs and descriptions of jackets of all types and they have made me adapt my buying and wants list.
I have valued the time reading the various threads and have continued to be educated more than I could rightfully ask.

But I believe if Julius continues to remain on this forum it will continue to severely damage it.

I have no right to say it’s him or me so I guess I must walk away but please to keep other members from repeating my folly and to make it once more an enjoyable experience for many, consider please his position on this forum.

Why does the majority of threads now have to become a war of words these days.
One of hate and lies and mistrust and deep anger.

Why when pushed are there no answers to questions only more accusations and threats.
There are no shades of grey. Only a dogmatic Black and White which if you fail to agree makes you in the wrong.
Compromise. No never.
It develops finally along to the same conclusion - always the whole world is against me and then a respite and disappearance but for never long enough.

Anyway there it is.
Persimmon
While I agree with much of what you say regarding this particular individual, I would ask that you reconsider leaving VLJ. simply because if you leave then he wins! I absolutely would never let someone like this person have any relevancy in my life. In fact his opinions, comments and he as a person, are completely and totally irrelevant. Walking away from people like this simply empowers them. As a long standing member and someone I consider as a significant person of this forum , you would be better served by challenging this person every time he attempts to spew more of his animosity and repugnant dialogue. In time he will come to realize that his opinions and comments are unwelcome and are not held in high regard with most people on this forum. His statements will not be regarded with the same courtesy and respect that we mutually extend to each other, and he will eventually be regarded as the buffoon that he portrays himself to be. This is the way you deal with pompous overbearing people like this. Do not walk away and do not go quietly into the night sir.

Last edited:

Edward

His hiding behind his anonymity is cowardly... he boasts of knowing so much but can't / won't reveal his sources and claims to "know things" so as to make himself seem so important to our forum. if he disclosed who he is we could take him as a real person with real interests but for now he's a self-important sock puppet with no other agenda than to mock members, be arrogant and patronizing and seems to want to start drama where there shouldn't be any. He wants to be applauded, pat on the back and "thanked" for his braggadocious pie in the sky knowledge but won't disclose anything else about himself. annoying and pretentious. I find his posts amusing but with no weight or merit. There is some interesting info and I could take him more seriously if he would stop being so crass and arrogant. I doubt he has a life or gets laid much... but then nor do I :D but he won't make me leave this forum. I'd hit the ignore member button first on this egomaniac.

Last edited:

Garylafortuna

Forums like this that provide anonymity for its members are breeding grounds for people of Julius's ilk to spew their defamatory rhetoric without fear of reprisals. To confront such an individual is usually ineffective, knowing that they can hide behind that anonymity. Direct challenges sometimes do nothing more than add fuel to the fire for the Juliuses of this world. Facing a challenger knowing that there could be serious consequences is another story. To quote an old cliché; 'separates the men from the boys'.
Officer Dibley's suggestion of pretending that the guy doesn't exist is the way to proceed I think.
Persimmon, please don't be intimidated by this Julius cat. Sheesh, maybe the guy thinks he is Julius @#$%^&* Caesar. Veni vidi vici.

Last edited:

Pilot

Forums like this that provide anonymity for its members are breeding grounds for people of Julius's ilk to spew their defamatory rhetoric without fear of reprisals. To confront such an individual is usually ineffective, knowing that they can hide behind that anonymity. Direct challenges sometimes do nothing more than add fuel to the fire for the Juliuses of this world. Facing a challenger knowing that there could be serious consequences is another story. To quote an old cliché; 'separates the men from the boys'.
Officer Dibley's suggestion of pretending that the guy doesn't exist is the way to proceed I think.
Persimmon, please don't be intimidated by this Julius cat. Sheesh, maybe the guy thinks he is Julius @#$%^&* Caesar. Veni vidi vici.
Julius Caesar ...maybe with a Greek IP? ;)

Micawber

As Officer Dibley suggests using the ignore function is the most effective way of dealing with offenders - and I will add moderator inaction.

Trolls / arrogant braggart's / annoying twats/ call them what you will seek attention. Deprive them of what they seek.

Micawber

I've administered and moderated a number of forums and groups over quite a few years. Trolling and spamming have always been issues right back to the early newsgroup days. Spammers are one thing but it's interesting to note that the more sophisticated trolls quite often turn out to be the alter ego of a current member or mischievous previous member. Not saying that it the case here, just a general observation.

Julius

Guys, sorry that you feel this way.
if it's OK with you that anybody can say whatever inaccuracies he wants in this forum (a forum where expert opinion should be expressed) and remain uncontested, or if you consider my resistance against the prevalence of false info trolling, then I volunteer to leave.

Again, sorry that you feel this way, but it's in my nature to combat lies, (or let's call it voluntary/involuntary inaccuracies) deceit, cheating and injustice.

I still owe you a reply about capeskin. I will remain silent until I give you that reply and give the documents I promised to 33-1729 and then I will leave.

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Yeah, I came back after a sabbatical and quickly saw it was the "same ol' same ol'.
I agree. Esp when trash is flung at good people here. Or, what I assume are good people based on what I know of them.

Guessing stuffed grape leaves are a treat where that cat's from...

Good to see ya back....