• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Julius

jeremiah

Sorry but while I don’t condone what went on in this thread how do we know it really was Andy? I think by just assuming it is, and yeah I know how IP addresses work, we should be careful lest we repeat that which we cried foul for.
If someone can offer direct proof that directly connects Julius as being Andy then I’d like to see it.

All I know is BK makes a killer jacket and I like the two I have.

Last edited:

Nathan Flowers

Administrator
Sorry but while I don’t condone what went on in this thread how do we know it really was Andy? I think by just assuming it is, and yeah I know how IP addresses work, we should be careful lest we repeat that which we cried foul for.
If someone can offer direct proof that directly connects Julius as being Andy then I’d like to see it.

All I know is BK makes a killer jacket and I like the two I have.

If it's not him, then it's somebody who is posting from the same home DSL line that he has posted from on the Lounge. I keep logs for decades.

Pilot

Well there's a character flaw ,he can cause trouble on the forum but does not have the time to answer his customers .

Jeff
.....answer his customer...and produce jackets he received money for....Maybe also trolling around in others like the “Salon du Chapeau”?
Would be interesting to read his “puking” about all this on “visage-livre” ( FB) ...
Last but not least VLJ seams very important to him, since he keeps coming back all the time...

stanier

How people spend their money and who with and what on is entirely their decision but I’m sorry guys I’ve been over that thread several times now, post by post, and I actually find it quite difficult to see what Julius wrote in that thread that justifies his banning. Over the years I can think of other people that have been far more abrasive on occasion (including likely me to some) and they don’t get banned.

It feels like the history is more the problem, and it also feels like that cuts both ways. BJ hasn’t had an easy ride here and on occasion (but granted not always) for reasons that either evaporate or BK turn out to be correct.

This doesn’t mean the pop at Jay was right, though it started with a smiley face attached. I actually feel for Jay and was frustrated at the hit he took recently with that guys jacket and Paypal refund. That all felt to me like a case of “right missile but wrong target”. But anyway that’s another topic.

I think it’s a shame Julius has gone. It did feel like he has some considerable insight and thought provoking information to share, now with some detail left unprovided. I’d have preferred a quiet “peace negotiation” myself than a ban. And is it possible before a ban to restrict the number of posts or characters per post someone has available before a ban? Julius in another guise and on another network or VPN will be back I have no doubt and do we really want to go round the loop again?

Just my tuppence worth guys and I’m wearing my chrome tanned but asbestos lined dream Aero A-2 waiting for the flames!

Last edited:

Skyhawk

I can't say that I agree Stanier. I normally stay quiet in these types of situations. I don't feel it is appropriate for me to point out issues with other manufacturers. This case is a little different and more serious so I will chime in. Here are the facts.

1. Andy from BK used a fake name and email to gain access to this forum as "Julius". He had been banned before from the forum and not allowed to join again.
2. This was confirmed by the VLJ Administrator by matching Andy's DSL IP Address with past forums posts he made.
3. That in itself is enough to be banned and was the nail in the coffin, but it progressed even further.
4. Andy posing as Julius slandered me and Headwind about our Capeskin being fake on a thread I posted about how to identify Capeskin.
5. These false accusations and attacks continued on other threads.
6. Again the reason he was banned is due to the fact that he was already banned and not allowed to be here. The slander is the reason he was here but not the main reason he was banned.

Andy has attacked me before on Facebook about this same issue. He took it further on FB actually calling me a fraud to my face live. When he started up here with the same argument, in the same manner, I knew it was him. Especially when he started quoting his website using descriptions like "Ribbiness" that only he uses to describe Capeskin.

I like to keep things positive in my business, the things I write, and in life in general. I was not going to comment further on this, but I need to make sure it is understood that this was a major deceitful act by a top level Mfg in the industry. It should not be slighted or forgotten.

Shortly after he was banned again yesterday, he sent me this message through the Headwind site contact form:

"Hi, You got me banned for pointing out the truth that you sell fake capeskin. Your victims and morons at VLJ don't care but I care. I will report you to the Federal Trade Commission for false advertising and illegal misrepresentation. Maybe they will care. This ain't over. You are going down."

I love our little industry and I have worked with other Manufacturers who were very respectful and helpful. I have bounced ideas and research, and even traded parts with Mfgs like Good Wear, The Greatest Generation, Dave Sheeley, even Ken at Aero when we hashed out the details on the Goldsmith jacket. We are colleagues in this industry and there is plenty of room for all of us to flourish. There is no place for cut throat and deceitful tactics here. It will just undermine our main goal. To produce the most accurate reproductions of historic jackets.

Respectfully Yours,
Jay

Officer Dibley

Wow, Julius really is a massive c@ck.
seems to me justice has been served as far as the banning on this forum.

Of course if EVERYONE had ignored him, that would have been more fun. He hates to be ignored. But you must be like me and resist the temptation to peek at his ravings and get drawn back to giving him the attention he so craves ;)

jeremiah

Look I know with the info Nathan has provided it certainly appears in print that it was Andy from BK. Well I still don’t completely buy that. again. This has more to do with now we are saying it was Andy of BK and now it’s BKs business being attacked. Two wrongs don’t make a right in my book.
I am ok with anyone who disagrees. I am fine with that but I stand by my words. No disrespect meant towards Jay or anyone else here.
Nathan’s going on what his logs say but something doesn’t add up for me with the two being the same person.
Anyway. It’s been bothering me so I said my peace.
Either way what’s done is done and helpfully we can all learn and move forward while continuing to enjoy this forum.

Micawber

As an aside I would like to point out the important differences between slander and libel as the two are often used in the wrong context.

Libel is a written or published defamatory statement, while slander is defamation that is spoken.

As to the specific issue here. The spotlight has been brought to bear on the actions of an individual and that individual has had the account used on this forum banned. We can all make our own judgements on the matter and in future act accordingly. Engaging in micro analysis or meta debates rarely serve any useful purpose other than take up bandwidth.

With respect I feel it's time to move on.

Skyhawk

By all means lets move on, but let's not forget what has occurred or excuse it.

Grammar issue noted. Is it still Libel when it is an active conversation online? The back and forth communication goes beyond just a published article in my mind.

Now back to making jackets....
-Skyhawk out

Micawber

By all means lets move on, but let's not forget what has occurred or excuse it.

Grammar issue noted. Is it still Libel when it is an active conversation online? The back and forth communication goes beyond just a published article in my mind.

Now back to making jackets....
-Skyhawk out

Yes, can cover any defamatory statement submitted in writing be it by hand, typed etc., and published in any form be it paper, electronically etc. So personal messages, email, website, forum, FB Group etc etc etc.

Officer Dibley

Look I know with the info Nathan has provided it certainly appears in print that it was Andy from BK. Well I still don’t completely buy that. again. This has more to do with now we are saying it was Andy of BK and now it’s BKs business being attacked. Two wrongs don’t make a right in my book.
I am ok with anyone who disagrees. I am fine with that but I stand by my words. No disrespect meant towards Jay or anyone else here.
Nathan’s going on what his logs say but something doesn’t add up for me with the two being the same person.
Anyway. It’s been bothering me so I said my peace.
Either way what’s done is done and helpfully we can all learn and move forward while continuing to enjoy this forum.

J, how much more proof than you have seen already would it take for you to believe Nathan over Julius ?

Dave

jeremiah

This isn’t really about believing Nathan over Julius.
I thought we were all moving on though.

Officer Dibley

Apparently you weren’t moving on J and i was curious to understand as it appeared you were saying Nathan’s word wasn’t good enough for you which would seem odd. Nothing sinister, if i read it that way, maybe others did and so clarifying your position might be good for all.