• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How good are bill kelso compared to GW Eastman real mccoy

A

Anonymous

Re: how good are bill kelso campared to GW Eastman real mcco

If I understand correctly stanier will provide the BK for the comparison review, but who is providing the ELC and GW, and who will make the review?

PaulGT3

John wrote:
It is known as Standard English,and we invented it.....just thought as a European, you might think it more appropriate to use The Mother Tongue
Yes but we refined and perfected it. Especially as you get further west in the US, you find PERFECT English with no accents what so ever.
You English have had it so long, its devolved into Scottish, Irish and the Cockney dialects. I have to admit tho, that there are some in England
that speak the Queens English and I can understand it with no problem.

And Yes I was kidding!!

Dont tell anyone but I love all the English accents, Aussie Irish, Scottish, South African, all of them!!

Roughwear

PLATON said:
If I understand correctly stanier will provide the BK for the comparison review, but who is providing the ELC and GW, and who will make the review?

Anther was of approaching this is simply to compare the BK jacket with an original RW 27752. After all some potential purchasers of a BK RW might want to know how accurate the jacket they are buying actually is.

A

Anonymous

Anther was of approaching this is simply to compare the BK jacket with an original RW 27752. After all some potential purchasers of a BK RW might want to know how accurate the jacket they are buying actually is.

Hi Andrew,
I don't think this is a good idea, because I bet my original RW is different than yours in many of the details.
That would be a good idea if the makers were called to make a faithful copy of the exact same original jacket.
Then only we would be able to see who does it better.

But I don't think the quality of the reproduction can be measured in terms of whether the pocket is 6.5 x 6 while it should be 6.25 x 6 for example.

I think a comparison of the jackets from 3 makers can show the overall quality, i.e. quality of manufacture, leather and materials used and most importantly, fit.

I have a GW RW 27752 size 42 in Japanese Shinki leather which can provide for the review and can ask BK to make a RW 42. Missing only an Eastman and someone who wears 42 to try on and make the review.

Also, I think the point of the review will not be to show which jacket is better, I am sure they are all good in their own ways. The review would help to show that BK is not crap compared to other makers and that it provides a worthy alternative.

I am getting feedback from members that should let the customers do their own reviews instead of being so much talkative about BK all the time, and I agree 100%. But it seems members have '0chickened out' to buy the Victory hide jackets so I am trying to motive them.

The photos that appear in the Victory horse thread are from jackets that people have ordered and I just take some photos before they are shipped out. Everybody who has received a Victory jacket is very happy with it but all the customers who got one happen to be low profile guys, so the information does not get here. As explained many times before the Victory hides are super expensive and expenses run, so can't wait for the information to reach you by itself. That's the reason I am pushing a little and would like to apologize here in public if I bored you with marketing campaign.

Dr H

I'll be posting a review/images of the BK A-1 in due course alongside the current Good Wear and Eastman jackets in due course.

omarco

I'm looking forward to that Ian, I'm really starting to like the A1. I just hope the BK version uses buttons instead of snaps on the waist band.

A

Anonymous

both will be available

ausreenactor

John Lever said:
just thought as a European, you might think it more appropriate to use The Mother Tongue. :D

The mother tongue. That would be a starter for more mum jokes over here.

Think the jackets would have to be shipped to a unanimously elected forum member with the 'bestest' camera and eye for detail. Like a Jacket Grand Prix!

Couchy

Vcruiser

Platon
It might help to fully introduce yourself. For awhile I thought you were Andy...then maybe really two users posting at different times here. Sometimes it seems you are on BK's payroll..then other times you seem to present yourself as only a BK customer...but then the way you word things it often suggests you are much more than that. Are you a stateside rep..or located in Greece..?
Maybe you have stated your relationship with BK..and I have forgotten. However..at times it can be confusing to say the least.
Van

A

Anonymous

Hi Van,
My relationship with BK was been stated here and there but agree over the years got confusing.
I will write the full background story to give the clear picture.
Someone asked to show photos of the crew and the workshop to let the people know who we are.
Will do that as well.

Roughwear

PLATON said:
Another way of approaching this is simply to compare the BK jacket with an original RW 27752. After all some potential purchasers of a BK RW might want to know how accurate the jacket they are buying actually is.

Hi Andrew,
I don't think this is a good idea, because I bet my original RW is different than yours in many of the details.
That would be a good idea if the makers were called to make a faithful copy of the exact same original jacket.
Then only we would be able to see who does it better.

But I don't think the quality of the reproduction can be measured in terms of whether the pocket is 6.5 x 6 while it should be 6.25 x 6 for example.

I understand it is interesting to compare different reproductions of the same original contract jacket. However most of these would have been based on originals. Anyone who collects original A2s knows that originals from the same contract vary to some extent. I do think the accuracy of a repro A2 can partly be assessed by how close it is to originals-even allowing for minor differences between originals. Eastman and Good Wear often photograph the repro and the original it is based upon on their websites. This is a sensible approach and one that BK should consider.

Jeff M

PaulGT3 said:
John wrote:
It is known as Standard English,and we invented it.....just thought as a European, you might think it more appropriate to use The Mother Tongue
Yes but we refined and perfected it. Especially as you get further west in the US, you find PERFECT English with no accents what so ever.
You English have had it so long, its devolved into Scottish, Irish and the Cockney dialects. I have to admit tho, that there are some in England
that speak the Queens English and I can understand it with no problem.

And Yes I was kidding!!

Dont tell anyone but I love all the English accents, Aussie Irish, Scottish, South African, all of them!!

I used to think we all spoke the same language until I got into a taxi in Dundee Scotland. :shock:

Vcruiser

PLATON said:
Hi Van,
My relationship with BK was been stated here and there but agree over the years got confusing.
I will write the full background story to give the clear picture.
Someone asked to show photos of the crew and the workshop to let the people know who we are.
Will do that as well.

Before you go to all that trouble..why not just simply state what your position is? That should be very simple. Then do the factory tour advertising.

CBI

this is all getting rather odd!

Mods be monitoring!

John Lever

I think it might be useful to know more about the company,where it based and what your role is ?
Some see the marketing as quite aggressive, so tell us the whole story. Are BK based in Greece ? Is there only one Platon ?

Roughwear

This information would be very useful John.

PaulGT3

John Wrote:
Some see the marketing as quite aggressive
Quite Aggressive? As always... eloquently understated!