• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hornbeam Militaria USAAF Crusher

Smithy

Oh no, my size is already sold out...

Hopefully they'll make some more. I imagine they will if they've seen a bit of a rush on them.

Hey guys
I’m not a hat guy but I saw this one and thought that it looked pretty good . Your thoughts please?

View attachment 59364

Not too shabby Burt. Is that off Fleabay? Only reason why I ask is sometimes what you get on there doesn't always match the photos ;-)

B-Man2

Hopefully they'll make some more. I imagine they will if they've seen a bit of a rush on them.

Not too shabby Burt. Is that off Fleabay? Only reason why I ask is sometimes what you get on there doesn't always match the photos ;-)
Yes it’s on EBay coming out of Pakistan ( oddly enough)

ausreenactor

Diamond Cruaher and original Garrison Cap with rank as purchased in the late 1990s... No reproduction garrison cap ever comes close...
16198312053418125118705933509766.jpg

foster

Like I mentioned earlier, if you swapped the badge for an original or a slightly better repro (not that what's on it is terrible), you probably wouldn't even tell the difference with the real deal.

These are terrific caps for the price and best of all out of most repros they have the right "sag and bag" look.

I am confident I would be able to tell the difference. Having examined dozens of originals over the years, and actually made repros of them, I tend to be a bit particular about them.
I’m glad you’re enjoying your purchase. That’s really what matters.

Smithy

I am confident I would be able to tell the difference. Having examined dozens of originals over the years, and actually made repros of them, I tend to be a bit particular about them.
I’m glad you’re enjoying your purchase. That’s really what matters.

Oh I'm sure you could. That wasn't really the point of what I was saying though.

I just think these are an excellent repro for the price point and that if you swapped the badge out for an original, I imagine most people (top class experts like you aside) wouldn't probably tell the difference between this and a much more expensive reproduction.

foster

You’re right, they probably will not notice a difference. This is the trend with most any replica of a WWII item. More and more people haven’t seen and handled an original, and as a result the expectations have shifted over time.