• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hornbeam Militaria USAAF Crusher

Dimitry M

Here's mine. it was 82 and humid yesterday wearing all that stuff. Hot! Readings gona be a bitch.

IMG_1730.jpg

64117320868__5B640300-3CA7-4FB8-97FA-8E1FBB321D8F.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

foster

How large is the cap badge on the Hornbeam repro? It still looks a bit tall in the front, unless that cap badge is smaller than the usual WWII ones.

Dimitry M

Looking good buddy!
Mom says no pistol to reading this year I tried and failed. but I'm 18 next year so I'm goin all out. lol. Within 2 years the "Yukon sourdough" is goin back to wartime colors! I'll bee the right age with a shiny new dull mate C-47A then!

Smithy

How large is the cap badge on the Hornbeam repro? It still looks a bit tall in the front, unless that cap badge is smaller than the usual WWII ones.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you swapped the badge for an original or a slightly better repro (not that what's on it is terrible), you probably wouldn't even tell the difference with the real deal.

These are terrific caps for the price and best of all out of most repros they have the right "sag and bag" look.

tjoenn

Thanks Tim for the heads-up and pictures! Will order one tonight (Always wanted a good one, but never wanted to fork out a lot of money on a cap that I won't be wearing)

Smithy

@Smithy that looks great! Better than my wpg! How is the sizing?

I'm a 7 5/8 (61) and got that size and I'm pleased. It's possibly a little on the large size but I prefer that with hats. You can always do what they did during the war and put newspaper inside the sweatband!

ausreenactor

I actually bought what remained of DD's crusher cap equipment a few years ago. My wife and I have made a few crusher caps, but time restraints (family, work) have kept us from really doing much with it.
You made these! Wow! Love the Pinks cap...

ausreenactor

One post/link and out they go....!!

Did the same with a Caps Comforter link on EBay a while back. The seller gave me a 50% refund as they were selling out so fast...

Dimitry M

Here is something I need. its original, its a flighter, and its CAP.
I don't need that price tag though