• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

johnwayne

Is it me but is this forum turning into an ad platform for 5 Star? Sorry to be a party pooper here but this forum is about vintage leather jackets and reproductions that emulate those and these 5 Stars don't, in any way, shape or form! Yes they are cheap but look cheap too so sorry Shawn et al as I don't wish to be controversial or disrespectful but how anyone can think the jackets shown in this very thread look anything like on a par with the 'usual suspects' then I'm a cowboy! Yee hah! Please, let's get real and back to what this forum was and is supposed to be about. Slag me off if you wish but there is some losing of the plot here.

Bombing IP

Is it me but is this forum turning into an ad platform for 5 Star? Sorry to be a party pooper here but this forum is about vintage leather jackets and reproductions that emulate those and these 5 Stars don't, in any way, shape or form! Yes they are cheap but look cheap too so sorry Shawn et al as I don't wish to be controversial or disrespectful but how anyone can think the jackets shown in this very thread look anything like on a par with the 'usual suspects' then I'm a cowboy! Yee hah! Please, let's get real and back to what this forum was and is supposed to be about. Slag me off if you wish but there is some losing of the plot here.

The forum is what we put into it (and that is not much these past few years ) and I do not think 5Star is taking over its just one threads of many of the forum collective . I think a lot of members have an interest in 5Star full circle creation of a jacket along with our help . Its like having a hand in building something and making adjustments along the way until it is right . Your judging a jacket made by them now but given time who knows with the help of us jacket nerd's ,this is why I think the 5 Star postings are interesting . Your are correct in what you say about losing the plot ,we are now a forum of reproduction A2 type afficinados ooing and arghing over cut color fit creases etc . We hardly see any real WWII kit shown any more which is a shame . May be we should drop the Vintage in the title we use and replace it with Repro Leather Jackets ? .

BIP

Shawn Ali

Hi Shawn here is another jacket you could dissect for your research . I think it is important for you to have a jacket to see the internal folds seams of how it is built . Then the jacket will lay correctly on the flat or the body , I think that so many copies do not present well ,this money invested in an original will pay dividends to the final product . Also the money spent on an original would be worth 1000 hours of research gained . I may not be making my self clear but to clarify some collars do not lay right or appear to puffy .The same goes for the epaulettes not connected properly or not laying down correctly ,the twist in the sleeves and the armhole cut size and on and on . I know you are experienced maker of jackets I believe the jacket of the 1930s is a different animal to what is made today with regard to techniques . You are on the right road ,the most successful makers of jackets have invested many hours of research into the venerable Type A2 but none of them perfected the jacket until many years in business of selling . Our comments are made not as a criticism but simply as a leg up so you do not have to reinvent the wheel . One last note I think your A2 name should be 5 Star Sportswear ! .

HERE IS THE JACKET TO DISSECT

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-WW...=item442ea9182c:g:uDEAAOSw8R9cANke:rk:40:pf:0

PS I like what I see so far keep it up Shawn >

BIP
Thanks for your great effort to suggest me this fabulous creation, I am trying to buy this from last two days but it suggests they don't ship to Pakistan, let me try this again

Shawn

Gerald Parel

I am not sure about how this thread became somewhat controversial, since it's still about vintage jacket reproduction. I am by no means saying 5 Star are producing the best repro but for a humble jacket fan on a budget like I am, they're doing a phenomenal job. But as a new member I'll zip it.
Anyways I received my 'Bronco' A2 today. 1 day to make the jacket, 3 days to arrive in Germany, and if it wasn't DHL mistakes I wouldn't have to wait for 4 extra days to enjoy it. I am truly impressed by the whole process. My specs are all matched and the fit is very good (Shoulders: perfect) The bottom of the jacket could have been a bit more tapered but I can live with it. For some reason I was expecting a cheaper leather but this is very good overall quality. Now, there's a little concern that was addressed before: The Smellz. The Jacket does smell pretty strong but it basically smells like fresh from factory leather thing (sorry for the lack of vocabulary). I will see how it goes in the next few days.
(I am a designer and I couldn't help throwing an unwanted logo to go with my pictures)

Last edited:

Gerald Parel

Thanks' The dedication Shawn Ali puts into satisfying his customers is extraordinary, at least, to me. I understand why the gentlemen from this forum are willing to contribute. It's almost as if the forum was slowly building its own brand (might be a bit exaggerated, but put it on the excitement). I've been into guitars and of course it's a very different animal, but I'm not used to be treated with such a quality manner and not used to that pace either.

Shawn Ali

I am not sure about how this thread became somewhat controversial, since it's still about vintage jacket reproduction. I am by no means saying 5 Star are producing the best repro but for a humble jacket fan on a budget like I am, they're doing a phenomenal job. But as a new member I'll zip it.
Anyways I received my 'Bronco' A2 today. 1 day to make the jacket, 3 days to arrive in Germany, and if it wasn't DHL mistakes I wouldn't have to wait for 4 extra days to enjoy it. I am truly impressed by the whole process. My specs are all matched and the fit is very good (Shoulders: perfect) The bottom of the jacket could have been a bit more tapered but I can live with it. For some reason I was expecting a cheaper leather but this is very good overall quality. Now, there's a little concern that was addressed before: The Smellz. The Jacket does smell pretty strong but it basically smells like fresh from factory leather thing (sorry for the lack of vocabulary). I will see how it goes in the next few days.
(I am a designer and I couldn't help throwing an unwanted logo to go with my pictures)

Hi Dear Gerald,

Thanks for your message and kind concerns, I am happy that you post everything and all details even the courier problem.

Actually I was asking for any of your ph number to mention on for Courier guy help, but due to little short cut off time we received your reply late so on the shipping docs your ph number was not mentioned, According to the tracking you can see the parcel was in Germany in 3 days, It was shipped Tuesday Nov. 27 and it was in Germany till Thursday 29 and same day it was scheduled in delivery, Than DHL was not assure regarding the address they contacted us through email which takes 1-2 working day and shipment was on hold for two days which cause the delay, However I assure I will also try to improve this service.

Thanks for your comments regarding the leather, well the smell problem is just temporary as your jacket was packed in polybag and also have some Waxes used on leather before packaging to make this supple, It will disappear with little fresh air treatment.

I would also say your design of FiveStar Leather is really inspiring me, can I have this.

I thank you for your feedback and the opportunity of new developments, Your communication and guideline to achieve the good results was really helpful.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Some Day Light Images.. From A Great Idea to Realization
Five-Star-Leather-A-2-Jacket.jpg

DSC07332.JPG
DSC07333 copy.jpg
DSC07336.jpg
DSC07341 copy.jpg