• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

Shawn Ali

Development, and "ownership" of the developed patterns will depend on who actually made the patterns and physically developed the designs and whether they charged seperately for this input
When we first worked with Levi Vintage we were amazed that they wanted us to cut and develop the patterns...I thought they have their own in their archives.
Due to this, they were quite happy for us to reuse those patterns for our own Aero brand. Had they supplied the patterns, or had we charged for the pattern work rather than costed it into the garments I very much doubt if that would have been the case.
Thanks for your concerns but you should not be doubted this way, I am explaining again and again we developed patterns by self by our years of experience, its not by night or by luck

Teddy

@Shawn Ali I meant to be not observing this thread. You're welcome to the forum, and I'll stay on the forum as well. But we might disagree on how to do business, or I might disagree with your customer on a consumer's responsibility. That's all.

Shawn Ali

My Newly made A2 With Finest Quality Goatskin Seal Brown 1.2mm thick leather, Olive Green Knitted Rib, Talon Repro Zipper, Authentic Neck Label, Red 100% Cotton Lining, Stitched with Olive Green Contrast Thread
Special Thanks to @Thomas Koehle for the great help.. Cheers :)

Attachments

• DSC_5989 copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 483
  • DSC_5990 copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 421

Thomas Koehle

My Newly made A2 With Finest Quality Goatskin Seal Brown 1.2mm thick leather, Olive Green Knitted Rib, Talon Repro Zipper, Authentic Neck Label, Red 100% Cotton Lining, Stitched with Olive Green Contrast Thread
Special Thanks to @Thomas Koehle for the great help.. Cheers :)

Shawn,

I just checked the pics you send me concerning the dimensions and must say 100% hit of my specifications - god gave me arms like a "gibbon-ape" thus they look a thad long compared to the body.

Cannot wait to get the jacket once i`m back to Germany in 3 weeks.

Schmauder

My A2 made by Shawn and his team arrived on Wednesday. Attached are a few pics, I hope they´re okay, my wife´s not a talented photographer ;).
I´m very pleased with the quality I got and my wishes have been fulfilled. The only thing is the size, I´m still not too sure about it. What do you guys think?
What I´m sure of is that´s not the last jacket I ordered from Shawn.

Attachments

• IMG_20181116_191146_1920x1080.jpg
    IMG_20181116_191146_1920x1080.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 329
  • K1024_IMG_20181116_191202_1920x1080.JPG
    K1024_IMG_20181116_191202_1920x1080.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 325
  • K1024_IMG_20181116_191329_1920x1080.JPG
    K1024_IMG_20181116_191329_1920x1080.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 322
  • K1024_IMG_20181116_191329_1920x1080.JPG
    K1024_IMG_20181116_191329_1920x1080.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 344

ties70

Hey Schmauder,

I thinks it is the right size for you. The sleeves will develop some tunneling, so the length should be OK!

The shoulders look a little boxy, but the ones on my fathers A-1 did so, too. A week of constant wear and some "massaging" the leather solved the problem. The goatskin is a little stiff when new... I would maybe even stuff it into the dryer, 30 minutes, low temperature ... Let the dryer do the massage

Best regards,

Ties

Thomas Koehle

Stefan i’m with Ties ...

Think the size is quiet right - the sleeves will shorten over time anyway and the shoulder will relax and come down.

@ Ties - what’s that trick with the dryer?????

Shawn Ali

My A2 made by Shawn and his team arrived on Wednesday. Attached are a few pics, I hope they´re okay, my wife´s not a talented photographer ;).
I´m very pleased with the quality I got and my wishes have been fulfilled. The only thing is the size, I´m still not too sure about it. What do you guys think?
What I´m sure of is that´s not the last jacket I ordered from Shawn.

You looks cool.. Regarding the shoulders its new leather and thick also its need some milling I think Mr. Ties and Mr. Thomas provided very professional ideas to make tjis softer..

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

ties70

Stefan i’m with Ties ...

Think the size is quiet right - the sleeves will shorten over time anyway and the shoulder will relax and come down.

@ Ties - what’s that trick with the dryer?????

Thomas,

I just closed the zipper and the neck hook of my A-2, then put the jacket in the tumble dryer...I added three tennis balls... Chose a Programme called "30 minutes - warm" . After 30 minutes of constant beating by the tumbling drum and the tennis balls, the jacket felt overall softer and showed more grain...

Ties

Schmauder

Gentlemen, I thank you for your opinion, it is higly appreciated. So the case is settled, then, I´m going to keep the jacket.
@Ties: Daylight photos to come...I´ll have to pass on the elevator pics, I wouldn´t even know where the next elevator is :D.

Gerald Parel

Hi guys, I have been reading this amazing forum for a short time but very attentively, and this thread in particular. It might sound a bit disproportioned but I think what I have been witnessing in terms of informations, detail love, passion, respect and courtesy is spectacular. Thanks for all being gentlemen.
Just placed my first order which should follow those specs:
I have to add that so far the communication with Shawn Ali have been a delight. Never had such a quality exchange with any other seller (no matter what product), except for Vanessa at Noble House.

Bombing IP

Its in my Watch List don't worry

Hi Shawn here is another jacket you could dissect for your research . I think it is important for you to have a jacket to see the internal folds seams of how it is built . Then the jacket will lay correctly on the flat or the body , I think that so many copies do not present well ,this money invested in an original will pay dividends to the final product . Also the money spent on an original would be worth 1000 hours of research gained . I may not be making my self clear but to clarify some collars do not lay right or appear to puffy .The same goes for the epaulettes not connected properly or not laying down correctly ,the twist in the sleeves and the armhole cut size and on and on . I know you are experienced maker of jackets I believe the jacket of the 1930s is a different animal to what is made today with regard to techniques . You are on the right road ,the most successful makers of jackets have invested many hours of research into the venerable Type A2 but none of them perfected the jacket until many years in business of selling . Our comments are made not as a criticism but simply as a leg up so you do not have to reinvent the wheel . One last note I think your A2 name should be 5 Star Sportswear ! .

HERE IS THE JACKET TO DISSECT

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-WW...=item442ea9182c:g:uDEAAOSw8R9cANke:rk:40:pf:0

PS I like what I see so far keep it up Shawn >

BIP