• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

Bombing IP

Shawn Ali what happening any new developments or jackets to show us ,have not heard from you in a while ? . I saw on the forum Ties jacket has nicely broken in and the jacket really looks the part .When will you be making A2 jacket made out of Cowhide or horse let me know ,what time line .As always my best to you .

BIP

Shawn Ali

Hi BIP

Thanks for asking, actually every december is very busy for us, have chunk of pending works to complete, we are also developing Cowhide and Horse hide its coming soon and I will let you now surely once complete my work.

Best Regards

Shawn

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Bombing IP

Thanks for the heads up Shawn ,I now know your busy .Did you make up new 5 Star Leather logo labels designed by Gerald Parel ? .

Rgds BIP

Brettafett

Its a creative collaboration. Not being a specific repro of any WW2 A-2, I think it merits some kudos for being something 'different'! Certainly, a one of a kind!

Brettafett

Thanks for asking, actually every december is very busy for us, have chunk of pending works to complete, we are also developing Cowhide and Horse hide its coming soon and I will let you now surely once complete my work.
Shawn, you really should consider getting a beat up old original WW2 A-2 (if you have not already) and copy the pattern meticulously. Take the thing apart. And make your own, world-class horsehide WW2 original-maker A-2 contract-specific jacket. Get all the details right, and at the right price, you could do pretty well with it. It could return your original investment a hundred fold!

ties70

Shawn, you really should consider getting a beat up old original WW2 A-2 (if you have not already) and copy the pattern meticulously. Take the thing apart. And make your own, world-class horsehide WW2 original-maker A-2 contract-specific jacket. Get all the details right, and at the right price, you could do pretty well with it. It could return your original investment a hundred fold!

Brett,

if I understood Shawn correctly than this has not happened, yet.
Whenever I pointed him towards beaten up, ruined A-2s, he was more than willing to buy them....but sellers were reluctant to ship to Pakistan.

In general, you are right, if Shawn can get his hands on an original contract, preferably one that has not been copied by the other makers, than he might get back his money manifold.

Ties

Bombing IP

May be someone should offer to drop ship it to him ,and the cost would be credit towards a new jacket .Shawn if you read this have the seller ship it to me in the USA and I will send it on to you . Thats when you find one you like !. Ties your Five Star A2 looks good now its worn in a bit .

BIP

Here is one at $170 ( get the pattern and the details you need ,repair it and get your money back )

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-A...40/163435131582?hash=item260d7e32be:rk:1:pf:0

This company only made them in Goatskin ,works for you ? .You cannot use the name I Spiewak & son is still in business and have been since 1904

BIP

Last edited:

Brettafett

Yes Ties, totally... You know what may be a good solution... (Shawn if you are reading this ;) )
If a member here can get a hold of a rotting old WW2 A-2, thats decent enough to take apart, copy patterns from and study the details.... And then send to Shawn.
Perhaps Shawn could carefully replicate this jacket, with all the right bits in all the right places. Decent zippers, studs, seamless knit, all the right colours etc... Get it right.
Then he could make a jacket to spec, and send to the person who sent him the original, gratis.
As an idea ;)
Would be more than worth it for Five Star.

Last edited:

Smithy

Pulling apart a beaten up original is without doubt the best way to go. Would be nice if Shawn could get his hands on one and see what could be done. Some decent hardware, a nice characterful leather, good lining and a good label. It's not rocket science.

Shawn Ali

Thanks for the heads up Shawn ,I now know your busy .Did you make up new 5 Star Leather logo labels designed by Gerald Parel ? .

Rgds BIP
Thanks for asking, Yes I have this, But I still don't use this But I like this logo and I will adopt this in future.

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Thanks for your recommendations, In Fact I like your idea, I also want to act upon this

Shawn Ali

Brett,

if I understood Shawn correctly than this has not happened, yet.
Whenever I pointed him towards beaten up, ruined A-2s, he was more than willing to buy them....but sellers were reluctant to ship to Pakistan.

In general, you are right, if Shawn can get his hands on an original contract, preferably one that has not been copied by the other makers, than he might get back his money manifold.

Ties

Dear Ties,

You are right I am very keen to adopt some good and effective idea's Also I don't want to harm the business of other players in the market so I will follow your Great recommendations on it.

Best Regards

Shawn