• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

Skyhawk

Sure thing... :) As for the fit, this jacket is just like the others which were made-to-measure from them... Bang-On to my requested measurements, and fits like a glove. ;) I turned-down my heat, and have been wearing it around the house since it arrived. I may just sleep in it tonight to get a head-start on the break-in. :eek: I wanted something a little different, and have been looking for a jacket like the vintage Field & Stream 'Leather Windbreaker' for a few years now. Since one in my size hasn't been available on eBay, ETSY, etc., this one will do quite nicely... :cool:

Nighty Night ;)

Shawn Ali

Dear @nkang we are in different business than you think, we are manufacturing factory working for many Global brands, many times on customers requests we develop prototypes of famous articles which you are trying to prove Copy, however its necessary to inform you we never develope any Trademarks prototype

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Southoftheborder

Dear @nkang we are in different business than you think, we are manufacturing factory working for many Global brands, many times on customers requests we develop prototypes of famous articles which you are trying to prove Copy, however its necessary to inform you we never develope any Trademarks prototype

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

But the suspicion here is that one of your customers developed the prototypes and patterns and that some of those developments have found their way into the Five Star range. The Bronco being a case in point.

Trademarks don't really come into it.

Teddy

I'm out of this thread now. It's understandable that many on the forum are excited about newcomers with more cost-effective pricing, but there's got to be a line somewhere. I'm saying this as a person who grew up in a copycat environment with little legal regulation...

Technonut2112

If one isn't interested in making a purchase from 5-Star, I can't see how this thread concerns them anyhow.. Personally, I'm a satisfied customer. ;) I'll leave any legalities to the respective agencies in charge of that kind of thing. Doesn't concern me as a consumer in the least..

Ken at Aero Leather

Southoftheborder

I wish I had £1 for every copy of Aero's Highwayman that have been sold worldwide, in the words of Delly Boy "This time next year........."

Ken at Aero Leather

Still, that is different to actual patterns being used. I think you had an issue with AL as was, who at one time you thought were using your patterns....

Not thought, KNEW with proof ................apart from the fact they had the nerve to return the patterns (after taking copies) but we have a jacket dismanted and videod in front of a highly qualified industry pattern expert whose written report said "it would be impossible for the jacket to have been construced with anything but the original Aero patterns."
It was too close to the 25 year Copyright on the original patterns running out to be worth taking the matter to the courts and something as simple as repositioning the under arm eyelets could negate the breach of copyright.............ridiculous or what?
Trading Standards proved to be worse than useless.

Last edited:

Teddy

@Technonut2112 You and I have really polarized philosophy regarding a consumer's conscientiousness. Applying your kind of principle (or not) to any topics:

It was a cold, rainy day in 1773, just 9 days before Christmas. Two random colonists sat together at a noisy pub in Boston near the Old South Meeting House, warming themselves up with ale after a hard day of work. In the background, an angry American man stood on a table, shouting about no taxes without representation and British monopoly on tea supply in the colonies.

A
: "If one isn't interested in drinking British tea, I can't see why this topic concerned them anyhow."
B: "I don't drink British tea. Only Dutch tea. But isn't this more than just about tea? Don't you see the bigger picture?"
A: "Well, personally I'm a satisfied consumer of the British tea. Dutch tea, British tea, whichever is cheaper is my cup of tea."
B: "But this is more than tea! This is more than money! This is about representation, this is about morality!"
A: "Well, I'll leave any legalities or tax talks to the respective agencies in charge of that kind of thing."
B: "But...but those agencies have only limited influences. Ultimately it's you and I who should care about British rule in the colonies!"
A: "Doesn't concern me as a consumer in the least..."

Random colonist B was deeply confused by the indifferent attitude of A. With a sneer, A chugged the pint of ale in his hand and walked out of the pub, humming "I'm just a consumer..." Some other guests in the pub were shouting that all men should dress up in Indian costumes and rob the tea ships. He was wondering what he should do. Does he care as a consumer about British tea or not? Does his conscientiousness matter?

PEACE OUT.

Ken at Aero Leather

But the suspicion here is that one of your customers developed the prototypes and patterns and that some of those developments have found their way into the Five Star range. The Bronco being a case in point.

Development, and "ownership" of the developed patterns will depend on who actually made the patterns and physically developed the designs and whether they charged seperately for this input
When we first worked with Levi Vintage we were amazed that they wanted us to cut and develop the patterns...I thought they have their own in their archives.
Due to this, they were quite happy for us to reuse those patterns for our own Aero brand. Had they supplied the patterns, or had we charged for the pattern work rather than costed it into the garments I very much doubt if that would have been the case.

Ken at Aero Leather

What disappoints me is the lack of originality amongst virtually every start up these days , some Japanese firms excepted.
Where is the inovation? It's quite possible to create designs that could easily have been made in the era rather than slavishly replicating original designs, it just takes a little vision and a bit more work.
Yes I'm aware that a small percentage of Aero civvy designs fall into the replica group, but we didn't start off by doing that. What would have been the point?

Technonut2112

Regardless, 5-Star (AKA FeshoWear) has been in business for years, and AFAIK, are evidently in compliance with their country's laws governing operating a business. Any other manufacturers who have a legitimate claim of wrongdoing, and is seeking compensation of any sort, are free to seek a remedy through their legal team.. Again, as a consumer purchasing readily available, tangible goods from an entity evidently operating a legal business from their country... Nope, doesn't bother me (or whatever my views of morality are *see sig below) in the least... ;)

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

For the undisputed Budget Bronco Repro Championship of This Small World, we have in the Red corner representing Lahore,Technonut, out of USA, and in the blue corner representing Denmark we have Brett out of pocket.
No gouging, no bitching and no kidney punching and it's the best of 10 rounds
On the bell Gents................................

Last edited:

Southoftheborder

What disappoints me is the lack of originality amongst virtually every start up these days , some Japanese firms excepted.
Where is the inovation? It's quite possible to create designs that could easily have been made in the era rather than slavishly replicating original designs, it just takes a little vision and a bit more work.
Yes I'm aware that a small percentage of Aero civvy designs fall into the replica group, but we didn't start off by doing that. What would have been the point?

Each to his own but the point as I see it is that most original utility jackets are almost impossible to find in really good wearable condition now. Half a lifetime ago it was easy to pick up forties jackets in good condition but they were only about thirty years old then. With pre war stuff it's even more impossible.

In recent years I've had a yen for a forties so called bomber jacket and I've bought and rapidly moved on several. And a couple were really quite good with soft unmarked horse hide and nice mouton collars, but none were really good enough. I've also tried to get one made a couple of times and that hasn't worked out.

The closest to what I would want easily available now is the Eastman Air Comfort and I bought one of those a little while ago but I sent it back. I didn't like the bulk of it which is very different to originals and I really did not like the latest paper thin Warhorse. I didn't think it was right for that sort of jacket at all. And I'm always between sizes in Eastman jackets...

Shawn Ali

Trademarks don't really come into it.
We are heavily invested and struggled hard, also spend huge time in their developments.. We have agreements with all of our customers and we never breatch that ..

Shawn Ali

I'm out of this thread now. It's understandable that many on the forum are excited about newcomers with more cost-effective pricing, but there's got to be a line somewhere. I'm saying this as a person who grew up in a copycat environment with little legal regulation...
You dont need to be out of this Forum, I think I am not appropriate here, If you wish I will quit