• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dubow mfg

Brettafett

Sorry Grant, multitasking. I understand that he has an original with Olive Drab thread. Perhaps an email request for close-up pics? Let me try.

blackrat2

Cannot believe the difference in thread colour on your jacket Grant...just goes to show if you look closely what you miss with the casual eye cast, sure I have read on here before that originals were all over the place with things like pocket flaps etc but ask most people and every A2 looks the same

EmergencyIan

I read in another thread, regarding these, that these jackets not returnable or refundable. Do you fellas understand this to be the case? I’ve never heard of this, until now.

- Ian

Brettafett

This image 27798pocket.jpg is apparently of Platon's original jacket.
27798pocket.jpg

These images were sent also...
02.jpg 07.jpg 01.jpg 05.jpg 04.jpg
Then there was this comment, Platon's words: "You will notice also that in image 04.jpg (above) the hanger is sewn with a different color than the label and the collar (the thread on the collar is more faded than that of the label). The different color thread that the hanger is sewn tells us that the hanger was installed by a different person with a different sewing machine, perhaps at the last stages of production, than the one who made the jacket and that the person who installed the tag had a different color thread in his machine at the time. This is not uncommon with Dubow jackets and gives us clues about their production process".
08.jpg 09.jpg
"For comparison of the thread color, I attached images 08.jpg and 09.jpg which show that some shade of brown has been used. They appear to be the same color, although in 09.jpg it has faded more. It's the same color in the hanger in image 04.jpg"

With the relatively few originals floating about that are accessible, its tricky to say anything 100%... Some are in better condition than others... seems a lot of variation with a lot of things... I know Steve (Headwind) was saying the same this regs the M422s he has worked with. I guess theres room for interpretation, and no matter who makes the jacket... its still a reproduction (with varying degrees of quality and authenticity).

Make of this what you will. I was just interested myself.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 216

Brettafett

I read in another thread, regarding these, that these jackets not returnable or refundable. Do you fellas understand this to be the case? I’ve never heard of this, until now. - Ian
Thats my understanding. Only defects or errors on part of manufacturer. Good idea to read the terms and conditions...

Ole

Banned
I read in another thread, regarding these, that these jackets not returnable or refundable. Do you fellas understand this to be the case? I’ve never heard of this, until now.

- Ian

Ian, it's the same thing with many makers, e.g. Goodwear and Himel
See extract from their websites

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's from Himel's previous version of his website. Can't find it in the new one.

Brettafett

Grant, I think thats the problem, the more one learns, the more one becomes aware of the details... Fascinating stuff.
And thus more inclined to appreciate the detailing of the top-tier repro makers and forking out wads of $$$ for them!
No longer able to be satisfied with meagre 'pretty decent' reproductions ;)

Ken at Aero Leather

AERO RETURN POLICY
Goods must be returned within 14 days.

If in the case your jacket doesn't fit, it's important to send it back correctly. Send it back in a box that the jacket fits in to, it is vital that these are not squashed into small boxes as this will impact your refund/exchange price.

If you are re-using our original box, please ensure that all security tape is removed before returning it to us. And please note, the box needs to be clearly marked as a return - this is especially important for returns from outside of the EU.

Print off this Returns Form and cut off the top and stick it to the box.

-Ensure you fill out the Returns Form and place it in the box with your jacket so we know who it's from.

We accept returns on unworn sale items and clothing goods. We will refund you on receipt of the goods for the amount paid excluding postage - as long as the items are recieved in the same condition you recieved them in.

We do not accept returns on washed denim goods, please ensure to purchase the correct size on non-sanforized products.

EmergencyIan

I gotcha, guys. Thanks!

But, are they really custom? Aren’t they making one contract?

Either way, as long as you’re aware of all of this up front, it’s okay.

- Ian

Pilot

Goodwear accepts returns ( and re-
Ian, it's the same thing with many makers, e.g. Goodwear and Himel
See extract from their websites

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's from Himel's previous version of his website. Can't find it in the new one.
Goodwear accepts returns.
Returned jackets are even offered on the GW sales page and are off due to fast selling right away.
Returned a 44” Star without a problem or discussion...
BK... no way...

Ole

Banned
Ken, bravo for your return policy.
But you are comparing apples with oranges.
With your Vicenza A-2 jacket priced at GBP 730 it makes perfect sense that you can afford to take returns.

Ole

Banned
what I am saying is how many jackets do you need to sell before you can accept return for one?

Technonut2112

With AVI reproducing actual A-2 contracts, the excellent looking Chinese Italian HH actual A-2 contract repros, and now these (more than likely BK affiliated) Dubows, it's indeed Christmas for limited-budget folks wanting a nice selection of jackets to choose from... :D

I noticed the Dubows now on eBay... The only fly-in-the-ointment could be the completion time exceeding the eBay & PayPal buyer-protection time limits (credit cards as well). Wouldn't be much one could do if the company went tits-up after taking too many orders, and something potentially going wrong down the line. I can't wait to see one reviewed here though. ;)

Brettafett

But, are they really custom? Aren’t they making one contract?.- Ian
Hi Ian, as far as I understand, requesting a long size is permitted, within reason. But no tweaking of patterns. But I think its 'custom' in that each jacket is made bespoke for each customer... No 'stock' jackets are made.
I was told that depending on support and sales... other Dubow contracts may be offered down the line.