• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dubow mfg

Brettafett

Personally, I think even at mid range prices, any regular or standard size jacket should be open to return, as long as it has its tags, originally packaging and has not been worn, for other than trying on. Surely such a jacket will sell quickly again.
One just never knows if a jacket will fit, so much depends on the pattern, the leather etc...
Just a very basic example was at the ELC tent at the airshow recently. Now, I'm normally a 40 long. I tried almost every A-2 there... Some 40s fit great, but needed length, some 40s were tight, some 42s felt better, some contracts for me in both a 40 and 42 just felt uncomfortable, in the shoulders for example... even though the jackets looked amazing and the guy next to me said he loved the fit, I could never wear it.
Some patterns work better with some body types than others. Unless you can try one on....Its a gamble !
No returns for 'custom' lengths or modifications... I get.

Pilot

what I am saying is how many jackets do you need to sell before you can accept return for one?
According to EU law for internet business and trading, accepting returns ins mendatory...Conditions are very clear according to the besaid legal EU system.NO WAY FOR PROFESSIONALS TO AVOID IT...( within some given milestones of course... BUT AN UPFRONT REFUSAL IS TOTALLY ILLEGAL.)
As far as I am aware of, Greece is still a full EU member and enjoys a lot of EU financial taxes reduction and priviledges...(!!!!)
...Just google...EU law in internet business...very easy...all there...

...here the just very little beginning.....plenty of other same threads in the Web.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm...

Put your lawyer on it and the culprit product seller/ maker will find himself in a very difficult situation ...very fast...even if in Greece...or Denmark...or elswhere in EU..

Last edited:

Smithy

AERO RETURN POLICY
Goods must be returned within 14 days.

If in the case your jacket doesn't fit, it's important to send it back correctly. Send it back in a box that the jacket fits in to, it is vital that these are not squashed into small boxes as this will impact your refund/exchange price.

If you are re-using our original box, please ensure that all security tape is removed before returning it to us. And please note, the box needs to be clearly marked as a return - this is especially important for returns from outside of the EU.

Print off this Returns Form and cut off the top and stick it to the box.

-Ensure you fill out the Returns Form and place it in the box with your jacket so we know who it's from.

We accept returns on unworn sale items and clothing goods. We will refund you on receipt of the goods for the amount paid excluding postage - as long as the items are recieved in the same condition you recieved them in.

We do not accept returns on washed denim goods, please ensure to purchase the correct size on non-sanforized products.

What on earth does your return policy have to do with a thread about another maker Ken???!!! Is it impossible for you not to reference your own company in threads about other makers?

In the thread about the Polo M-421 you start talking about Aero Leather's sizing system and now in this thread about Platon's new gig you cut and paste the entire return policy for your own company.

Maybe you should just stop posting in other makers' threads? Once again why should we have a maker posting about his own company in threads concerning other makers' and their wares?

Roughwear

You make a good point Tim. There is an ethical issue here for VLJ. Should vendors be criticising their rival's jackets on VLJ? There is a section for Repro makers to promote their products. It would be helpful if there is a code of conduct for vendors on VLJ to stop the behaviour which you mention Tim.

Persimmon

I'm not sure I understand?
One............. I'd have thought, if it's any good someone else will buy it.........surely?

I read it ......
as this implies that you make a vast fortune with all the sales of your ( according to ......) jackets and you can because you are a leather selling jacket billionaire .... you can afford to take back a jacket or two occasionally and not worry about it.

B-Man2

I’ve been watching this thread regarding Dubow/BK/Platon/ whoever, refusing to accept returns. I can assure you that if this company intends on selling on EBay, they will absolutely have to accept returns regardless of their own wishes not to do so. On several occasions I’ve listed things for sale with the caveat “No returns accepted ,” only to have the item shoved back down my throat by eBay, after a buyer who didn’t know his correct size demanded a refund. Ebay buyer protection policy as well as Pay Pal protection policy NEVER...side with the seller.. For example, I had an assclown buy a modern day issued USAF A2 from me . The jacket had all of the issued labels sewn into the lining . When said assclown gets the jacket he cuts all the labels out of the jacket . After a week he decides he really doesn’t like the jacket because of the Velcro placards on the front . AC sends the jacket back demanding his money. Jacket is ruined from a military collectible standpoint because all issued property labels are gone. Bottom line is Ebay makes me take the jacket back and return his money. Now I have a jacket worth 1/3 the original value.
Don’t mean to drum on about this but ebay will force his hand on his return policy .

Smithy

Considering some of the laundry I have piled in my virtual filing cabinet, some folks here should be careful about calling out others.
Just saying. You'd be surprised what has been uncovered over the years...
OTOH, it sure is fun watching the kids push each other off of the swings.

Scott, I don't think this is a case of calling out others, it's about having rules for vendors' behaviour and especially how they talk about other makers and their products. VLJ is the only discussion board I am a member where rules for vendors don't exist. Vendors aren't the same as other members, they are trying to make money by selling products that members here are interested in. It's important therefore that we have boundaries about how they behave and especially how they can and cannot reference other vendors.

zoomer