• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dubow mfg

Brettafett

Actually $568 if you include EU postage... But yes, looks nice, reasonably priced... is it any good.
Cockpit allows for returns and full refunds, so ordering a jacket (or even two) to try for fit, takes away a lot of risk.
Paying even $568 for a regular size jacket that is non-returnable, you better be sure.
Hopefully, we will get some feedback soon.

Dany McDonald

Hi,

This tread is interesting and informative for a newbie like me.

Have you noticed that BK own A-2 (A-2 on a budget) is gone and now this Dubow on a budget appears....?

D

johnwayne

Just to come into this, from my initial impression I think the site is well thought out and pretty convincing and I must say tempting, if that is I was in the market for another A2! However I do own an original 27798 (at some stage I believe, restored by Aero) and must say that which I see on their site looks pretty damn good and faithful in many respects! Collar perhaps not pointed enough but pretty close. So, how faithful would the ordered jacket be to that we see? Personally I like the Dubow contract for it’s pointed collar in the same way I like Perry’s rounded collar but I’m very interested to see feedback.
Surprised ultimately that’s there’s room for yet another repro maker given that in the real world an A2 is a pretty ordinary leather jacket and as weve mentioned between us, not a very practical one either! How many repro orders does a maker need to earn a good living and make the business pay I wonder?

Grant

Agree Andrew, my well preserved original 27798 also has tan stitching. When John made my repro 27798, he matched the stitching exactly.

Dany McDonald

Question...

In a pure repro context, does matching period HH or Cow will only be obtain with very expensive hide? Talking about (grain-texture-color-aging-cut)...

Let's say the answer is not necessarily yes, then can we obtain a faithful reproduction with matched specs materials (zippers-knits...) done in good Cow hide that has character, tanned like the originals ?

Is it just me (newbie), but the hide quality offered by the high end top tier surpasses the originals?

Please help me understand or tell me I am way off!

Thanx,

D

Pilot

31C2ED5B-22D7-425B-954C-3536C5E15496.jpeg

My “ grainy” HH GW Dubow.
All others I have do not have this grain...