• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK Victory Horse™ Hide

damienweaver

You know what'd be real helpful? State on the Bill Kelso website what shade and what hide is pictured in the examples of each jacket contract.

Skip

Platon is Bk thinking of doing earlier contract A-2? Ie: SAT, earlier Werber, Aero?

A

Anonymous

You know what'd be real helpful? State on the Bill Kelso website what shade and what hide is pictured in the examples of each jacket contract.

That's in the pipeline. We have to do also available colors, linings etc.

Platon is Bk thinking of doing earlier contract A-2? Ie: SAT, earlier Werber, Aero?

Anything is possible provided there will be original jackets to copy the patterns from.

By the way, BK put an announcement on the website regarding Victory horse leathers and satisfaction guaranteed or your money back policy. All your money back.

A

Anonymous

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

shown above Arco 18875 seal brown w/red knits

ausreenactor

Here is a section or two of my original Bronco that resembles the recent pics of the Victory Horse..

DSC00815.jpg

DSC00816-1.jpg

DSC00817.jpg

No matching grain...but this label is something new and appealing to me..

DSC00822.jpg

If you can get that look consistently you are on to a winner...

Couchy

Roughwear

I agree with Couchy here. Superb hide and just like some originals. BTW Are you going to review your Bronco. The leather looks great. Any idea when it was relined?

A

Anonymous

Hey Andrew,
Have you seen Broncos without the bar tack on the hanger?
This one I guess doesn't have it because it was relined?

Roughwear

I have a 100% original Bronco without the bar tack sewing on the hanger. The hanger is attached in the conventional way.

A

Anonymous

IMG_1047.jpg

Oh good,
Now I got to remember who it was who offered to lend me an original Bronco.

ausreenactor

Roughwear said:
BTW Are you going to review your Bronco. The leather looks great. Any idea when it was relined?

Probably will not have a spare minute in the next five weeks. I kitted up yesterday and was all set for some pics but the battery was flat on the camera. Then the phone rang and I had to engineer Skype for my father in law. Quickest costume change ever...... Have never reviewed any of the repros in the past. I buy em for me. Was just hoping to show a similar pattern of grain for Platon. Not that this sample of the BK Victory Hide needs any promoting....

No idea when she got a reline. I just saw the rank and the decal in the larger versions of the pics. Through 'accidental brilliance' the jacket is the best fitting A-2 jacket I have ever worn. It is like warm butter. I will use this jacket *& measurements as the basis of my next 'new' A-2. Was blessed to get it 'irregardless' of price. I am just glad I had the opportunity to purchase it before I went overseas, otherwise I would have spent 'Oprah Dollars' to secure it..

Couchy

Dr H

Looking interesting.
It won't appeal to everybody, but some light rubbing with a solvent pad (petroleum spirit/hexane/ethyl acetate - with nitrile gloves/safety spectacles/well ventilated space/no ignition sources or similar) would lose that squeaky clean shine.

A

Anonymous

This leather has a vintage feel to it, something like an antique finish.
This finish looks very natural and not artificial at all, making the jacket really look like a 70 years old original.
But because the leather has patina, undertones, shadows etc, and one may feel it's blotchy, we are leaning towards asking the tannery to scrap it and provide a uniform russet color instead. So when you buy the jacket you will feel it's NOS 1942.

With the current finish, each jacket's beauty is unique, with a uniform color they will all look the same.

Maybe we are about to make a mistake, your feedback will help.

More photos of this jacket have been uploaded on our web, so you can see it and guide me.

A

Anonymous

I think that is the best looking A-2 you have ever done!!!!!

I think the same thing too,
but I can hear the angry customer yelling...

"What kind of leather is this? You screwed me!!! I will return it, I WANT my money BAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!"

cmk-2

I would not think so IF you explain the look and feel of the leather. If at all possible can you offer both hides? Give the customer a choice. This leather is the bomb if someone wants a worn/lived-in looking hide as I do. I'm a Eastman and Good Wear fan but this hide turns my props. I'm a 42R myself and loving this jacket...