• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK Victory Horse™ Hide

marco77

Hi guys !!!!

Just came from holidays and see on BK website , this new leather call "Victory Horse™ Hide
".
I was wondering what is the difference between leather used before by BK and this new one .
Darker for seal brown ?
Very curious to see a RW 27752 made in this new hide ...
If someone ... ;)

Marco

A

Anonymous

BK say they will make an official announcement about the Victory horse soon, after which I will be able to provide more info, details, photos, and what have you.

regius

A good horsehide will age like this, in a matter of a week's wear

photo1_zpsd43faf37.jpg

m444uk

PLATON said:
Is it the leather we see on VLJ for the BK Dubow thread ?

Nope. It's much better than that.

Yep, looks really good and as an added bonus it's actually horsehide, not the goatskin substitute (goatgate default) the other tannery tried to palm you off with :cool:
Looking through the BK site, it seems photos of the goat skin A2s that had distinctive ridging between the hair follicle pores, have been changed too.

A

Anonymous

I personally selected these hides during my trip to Toscana, Italy.

Persimmon

marco77 said:
Hey Platon ,
Do you have pics of your RW 27752 Victory horsehide in dark seal brown ?
I am curious...

Marco

Marco
Hopefully Platon can provide I am sure although I did post a thread on a A2 with the Dark Seal Victory Horse as the leather. It was a "Aero" not a RW but have a look if you havent seen it.
It might be of some help

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14128

A

Anonymous

No sorry, I don't have images of the RW 27752 in dark seal Victory.

But I do have images of the seal brown Victory.
Even better, I have comparison of Victory with original.
In the below photos, on the left side, you see the left half of an original RW 27752 and on the right you see the right half of BK Victory seal brown. Shot in different light conditions, with/without flash. I will try to provide daylight photos later.

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

Ribbed, for your pleasure.

So what do you think?