• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK Victory Horse™ Hide

Awesome photos, Platon. Speaks volumes as to the accuracy of the high-end repro. Thanks for sharing these photos...and for offering them in different lighting.

Skip

Thanks Platon, as said before great way to display the difference (or similarity ;) ) REALLY looking forward to my Aero now...

ausreenactor

rrackleyadams said:
Awesome photos, Platon. Speaks volumes as to the accuracy of the high-end repro. Thanks for sharing these photos...and for offering them in different lighting.

Pretty impressive hide...

Couchy

A

Anonymous

we also made this

demo-bk.jpg

TOMG1401

What do I think ? Let's see, Hmmmm, first, you need to charge more for your jackets because you ARE premium. That comparison was something most , If not all repro makers would shy away from. SUPERB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Thanks!

We have been able to compare the Victory with some Japanese horsehide samples.
I thought you 'd be interested to see.

seal_vs_Japan.jpg

m444uk

IMG_3120-2.jpg

I corrected the colour balance on your shot without flash. Accurate or maybe a touch to red ?

A

Anonymous

I doubt you you corrected it. Maybe you made it worse.
This particular hide does not have so much red in it (unlike some other used to make a Monarch).
That said, I don't say that the color in my photo is the correct. It's still different than in real life.
It is not 100% same with the color of the original. This was not attempted.
Nobody can do it. If it happens, it's by accident.

The meaning of my photos was to show the general appearance of the hide. That it looks like the original RW.
I didn't claim that the color was the same.

This is a beautiful hide in a a beautiful color that is a close match to the original.
You got to see it in person to appreciate it.
Actually, the brown of the original isn't as nice.

I 'd say this is closest to real color

IMG_3116.jpg

m444uk

PLATON said:
I doubt you you corrected it. Maybe you made it worse.

Some of your pictures are coming out yellow because the white balance on your camera appears to set to daylight. You need to set it to tungsten or fluorescent depending on your light source. As you know Flash is daylight balanced, however direct flash is to harsh and reflective for most leather. Bounced flash is softer. If your using a phone you may not have a choice. In that case, window light without direct sun often works better.

A

Anonymous

Yes, thanks.
Those shots were taken night time in my kitchen. Sorry for the poor quality.
I wanted to make daytime photos but my camera broke. I ordered a new one and waiting to receive it.

I can understand that colors in those shots might be different than in real life, but it doesn't really matter as the color of both objects in the picture is equally distorted and the issue here is to compare them, not to show their true colors.

I think the photos accomplish the task of such comparison very well.

ausreenactor

'Irregardless' of any camera quirks, the Victory Horse is above and beyond anything those samples from The Few, Real McCoys offer..

Nice work..

Me thinks a Kelso or two is on the horizon....aside my free one that is..

Couchy