• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK Victory Horse™ Hide

bseal

Couchy's A-2 is made up of which leather? Victory horsehide or Italian cowhide. Please clarify.

A

Anonymous

Couchy's jacket is made with the antique russet Victory horse that was left from before.

TOMG1401

this BK free non-stop incessant, relentless advertising, product plugging garbage is unlike anything I've seen in 13 years on these Forums, I just looked at the Repo manufacturers section and cannot believe this is going on unchecked. They don't need to pay for a website, this is it!! ENOUGH, it's insulting.

Jeff M

TOMG1401 said:
this BK free non-stop incessant, relentless advertising, product plugging garbage is unlike anything I've seen in 13 years on these Forums, I just looked at the Repo manufacturers section and cannot believe this is going on unchecked. They don't need to pay for a website, this is it!! ENOUGH, it's insulting.

It is.....different. Can't think of any other jacket manufacturer who markets themselves the same.

Vcruiser

Bill's tried to reign it in to 'only' the Manufacter's section. Same thing's happened on the FL. Alot of 'Buy ours..it's the best' slipped into other jacket threads...and they just can't seem to see why anyone would object.

ausreenactor

TOMG1401 said:

This post was in long before the 'Reproduction Manufacturers' section was started. If the mods moved this post there the issue should not anger anyone in theory. Lots of jackets from BK are popping up here and on the Fedora Lounge courtesy of buyers/owners. If it appeases you will I will refrain from posting the pics of my completed A-2? :? I am sure that I can get everyone to PM me if they are keen to see it instead?

And you have inadvertently bought the post to the top of the list again...

This is why I went with BK....

Which, oddly enough, is the subject of the thread..

ausreenactor

Jeff M said:
TOMG1401 said:

It is.....different. Can't think of any other jacket manufacturer who markets themselves the same.

Probably why they have taken off so quickly...

bfrench

Administrator
ausreenactor said:
TOMG1401 said:

This post was in long before the 'Reproduction Manufacturers' section was started. If the mods moved this post there the issue should not anger anyone in theory. Lots of jackets from BK are popping up here and on the Fedora Lounge courtesy of buyers/owners. If it appeases you will I will refrain from posting the pics of my completed A-2? :? I am sure that I can get everyone to PM me if they are keen to see it instead?

And you have inadvertently bought the post to the top of the list again...

This is why I went with BK....

Which, oddly enough, is the subject of the thread..

The whole point of this thread is for repro manufacturers to post "New Items" they have for sale in the Repro Manufacturing section.

Purchasers are supposed to post in the REPRO section if you are doing a review of a product you purchased.

That seems simple enough for me.

It would have been more appropriate if the poster created their own threads instead of tailgating on this one.

So Couchy, how about creating a thread with your new jacket as the subject and stick to that.

ausreenactor

I would kindly ask Platon to put up some pics on the Facebook page now (it is completed after five weeks) as I am not likely to lay hands on until 24 Dec when I return from the USA. I fear the World could cave in if he did so.

I am shipping the jacket to my wife's parents where we are spending Christmas. My own special Christmas present!

So whack a few pics of the Werber up when good to go (on the Facebook page ONLY Platon)!

Couchy

ausreenactor

Vcruiser said:
...And who is the sensitive one..?? :?

If by sensitive you mean suggesting that Platon acknowledge the diversity and the equitable needs of forum members, then yes I am guilty as charged. Just trying to create a tranquil forum environment where people who inadvertently encounter a confrontational post are catered for.

Tim P

I don't have a problem with this. It's all informative and I don't much care where something is posted, I read the thread title and then decide how relevant it is to me. No one's getting hurt.

A

Anonymous

I don't have a problem with this. It's all informative and I don't much care where something is posted, I read the thread title and then decide how relevant it is to me. No one's getting hurt.

:D

stanier

Tim P said:

+1. I really don't understand why some folk so don't like. Platon and BK (or anyone else) post away! In fact as far as I'm concerned I don't really understand why we have a repro section and repro manufacturers. Just my view anyway. Personally I think it's made where you post more confusing.