• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK Victory Horse™ Hide

A

Anonymous

I would be glad to review one of your jackets, but I must be honest that I do not know very much about the leather hides to speak with any credibility on those. Since it is the main component of the jacket, it is an important subject to know about. This is why I am more scrutinizing on the cloth jackets topic, as I am knowledgeable on the topic of fabrics and textiles first and foremost.

Foster, we should figure out a way how to do this.

foster

Is there another individual who can review the hide element at the same time? It would make for a more comprehensive review that way. Otherwise it is a lot of review on the pattern and the lining and stitching, and not much information on the hides (I can only know the hide by sight on the living animal, after that I can't tell!).

A

Anonymous

There is one golden rule about leather.
The more natural it looks (is) the better quality it is, i.e. the less processing it had to endure to look good.
If you see processed vs natural you will be able to tell the difference, trust me.

Peter Graham

PLATON said:
There is one golden rule about leather.
The more natural it looks (is) the better quality it is, i.e. the less processing it had to endure to look good.
If you see processed vs natural you will be able to tell the difference, trust me.

I'm not sure I follow this. Leather only looks natural when it's still alive and peoples ideas of what makes good looking leather differ. I like very grainy leather but the next man might prefer it smooth. Which is better ? Surely the quality has little or nothing to do with looks. Abrasion resistance and strength are the most important qualities of any hide.

A

Anonymous

Peter,

Abrasion resistance and strength are the most important qualities of any hide.

That is not correct. The industry has set pretty clear standards regarding quality. And we're not talking about someone's taste. I can elaborate and be very specific if you want but I don't want to bore the members here and I don't want also to be charged of promoting BK again.

If you are interested in this and wish to receive a thorough reply please ask. I can be contacted here: [email protected]

bseal

I think BK needs to be careful with releasing their new offerings in horsehide prototypes.

The new apparel looks sharp, but then I see the horsehide label and start to do the math in relation to the timing of it's release.

I may be wrong, but the general answer is "No, this brand new item was actually made well in advance (of Jeff's plight)."

Vcruiser

BK Affiliate thread is locked now on FL. Wonder what happened..?? Insurrection/Thurston Bros is still going strong with happy customer pics featured every few days. :shock:
HD

ButteMT61

I'd think potential buyers would like to know about it if there's something going on that might affect their purchase. Good to have things on here for all to see. Might just be a case of it not being worth the cost on TFL. We saw how much fun they gave DD over his post there. And if you look at TFL stats, the place is dead in caparison to its golden age.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

I asked and BK said that advertising on TFL hasn't paid off. At least not as much as it was expected (promised).
BK now has facebook, tumblr, pinterest, Clutch magazine, all for free. They are also planning something with some blogg owners, we'll see. They also said they will come back on TFL eventually but with a different face. I don't know what this means, Andy said it's going to be a surprise.

Meanwhile, some members here and on other forums will receive their jackets soon and are expected to write good reviews.

Other news is that BK is in the middle of starting a new line (I guess many of you know that already) and there are some classic jacket styles to be added to the civilian range. They also have few more A-2 contracts to release (already have the patterns) and a couple Navy, but the release schedule is not yet certain.

I was at the BK shop today and had a chance to see the Liberty horsehides again. The tannery made an amazing job and the Liberty horse came out better than initially thought it would be. I am telling you, this time they nailed it. The leather is dead on WWII A-2 leather.

Vcruiser

PLATON said:
Hi guys,

I asked and BK said that advertising on TFL hasn't paid off. At least not as much as it was expected (promised).
BK now has facebook, tumblr, pinterest, Clutch magazine, all for free. They are also planning something with some blogg owners, we'll see. They also said they will come back on TFL eventually but with a different face. I don't know what this means, Andy said it's going to be a surprise.

Meanwhile, some members here and on other forums will receive their jackets soon and are expected to write good reviews.

Other news is that BK is in the middle of starting a new line (I guess many of you know that already) and there are some classic jacket styles to be added to the civilian range. They also have few more A-2 contracts to release (already have the patterns) and a couple Navy, but the release schedule is not yet certain.

I was at the BK shop today and had a chance to see the Liberty horsehides again. The tannery made an amazing job and the Liberty horse came out better than initially thought it would be. I am telling you, this time they nailed it. The leather is dead on WWII A-2 leather.

Well..the question was answered along with more BK advertising that cannot seem to be contained in the manufactures section. Again..any opening will do. :?