• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso. Whats happening?

Pa12

I have received my jacket and I have very mixed feelings. The craftmanship is stunning, it is a beauty.
On the other hand, sizing...

Reading Greg's post about his custom jacket I really wanted to nail the fit.
I had asked for assistance in figuring out the right size for me. I measured myself two times, a regular size 40 was recommended with the 42's 18 inch shoulders. I also filled out their questionnaire, the desire was a relaxed fitting jacket. So that was it, order was in.

After the long delay and anticipation, today was the day. As soon as I took it out of the box, it looked small. It is extremely snug everywhere (except for the belly, which I don't really have so that part is fine) and also short on the sleeves. This is my first A-2, definitely should have gone a size up.
However, after grabbing the measuring tape I realized all the numbers are below advertised and the custom shoulder size was never applied.

What do you gents think, are these number within the acceptable limits? I do not want to be the drama king, but I do not think so.

View attachment 131057
View attachment 131059
View attachment 131061
I agree. Been down that road more than once. I think we pay enough for these jackets that satisfaction should be guaranteed. I’ve never bought a bk, are the wait times long?

B-Man2

The thought that comes to mind is that sometimes “bargain repros” aren’t. The frustrating part is the lack of communication when you’ve paid your money and are waiting to hear something about your purchase. Now you have your jackets and getting QC issues resolved will be even more frustrating because if they didn’t respond before, it’s highly unlikely you’ll get your problems resolved now. Extremely frustrating !!
Add in the fact that if they do respond and you have to ship your jacket back to have it corrected …. Those shipping fees are on you.
Sometimes you’re better off saving a few months longer and going with a high end maker like Good Wear Leather.

Pa12

The thought that comes to mind is that sometimes “bargain repros” aren’t. The frustrating part is the lack of communication when you’ve paid your money and are waiting to hear something about your purchase. Now you have your jackets and getting QC issues resolved will be even more frustrating because if they didn’t respond before, it’s highly unlikely you’ll get your problems resolved now. Extremely frustrating !!
Add in the fact that if they do respond and you have to ship your jacket back to have it corrected …. Those shipping fees are on you.
Sometimes you’re better off saving a few months longer and going with a high end maker like Good Wear Leather.
Definitely. I learned my lesson the hard way (and expensive way)

Pa12

Sizing an A-2 has been a giant pain in my ass since my first Avirex in 85. I love that John has modernized his sizing. 44 off the rack fits me just like a modern jacket would.

kev15

Thank you for all of your inputs. I had already sent them the email before posting here. Wait time for me has been 7 month.

Pa12

Just checked bk for the first time. For some reason I was under the impression they were us. Not cheap either.

bseal

So pretty, yet so infuriating.

My suggestion is to take several photos of it lying flat with a tailor’s tape.

And then send it right back.

But you already knew that; apologies for the redundancy.

Greg Gale

@kev15 those errors can simply be due to how much the jacket is stretched or it isn't when measured. I noticed you wrote it's your first A-2? A-2s at first can feel very snug, (even if they're baggy) quite different from any other jackets. Perhaps you could post some fit pics for us to see?

Last edited: