• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso. Whats happening?

Pa12

I’m sure you’ll get it. But an update wouldn’t kill them.
One positive note on my Platon was that it showed up with no taxes or duty owing. Not sure how they pulled that off. At the end of the day I sold it. There’s no way around it, it’s just too short.

denny@aero

@kev15 I would be very wary of these guys. I don't know who Pete is at Bill Kelso but he has shared all your details in a group email to just about every manufacturer you can think of branding you as a Black listed customer, and trying to play the "good samaritan" card by "warning" us not to do business with you!!
This practice is pretty unforgivable in my opinion and a total breach of data protection. I have also told our team to totally ignore and that you are more than welcome.
This is not the first time that they have send a bulk email (no bcc) to many makers doing this kind of trick.

B-Man2

Well, that IS the end of any question of ever doing any business with BK for me.

Pretty sad that they can't take criticism where it's due and have to turn ugly.
Based on what’s been told here, I think it’s a fair assumption that this is been happening for a while, and not just to VLJ members but all across their customer base . Unless they do something very quickly to turn things around it’s not going to go well for them.

Chandler

Based on what’s been told here, I think it’s a fair assumption that this is been happening for a while, and not just to VLJ members but all across their customer base . Unless they do something very quickly to turn things around it’s not going to go well for them.
Based on all of the bad feedback I read here, I think it's far too late. Their lack of communication (or outright refusal to communicate) alone is just not good business for the sort of product they sell.

Bad-mouthing customers to other manufacturers -- as if to garner support for their own bad actions? Yike.

Pa12

When a company gets a bad reputation it’s hard to change it.

ButteMT61

I haven’t heard a thing about these guys for years, but it doesn’t surprise me at all because the stories that went on here and elsewhere were unlike anything I’ve ever seen before so I would avoid them like the plague.
There’s plenty of legitimate vendors out there that deserve our business

Narco

Not only shameful business dealings, but I would think this is a serious breach of EU GDPR rules. You can’t just go passing on customer details in unsolicited emails. They could be leaving themselves wide open to legal action here. Anyone reading this thread and who then still goes ahead and does business with this company needs to give their head a wobble.

Last edited:

Capt

Just wondering has BK ever posted any comments here on VLJ? Surely they are aware of this bad press as you don’t run a business with lack of communication like this.

denny@aero

Not only shameful business dealings, but I would think this is a serious breach of EU GDPR rules. You can’t just go passing on customer details in unsolicited emails. They could be leaving themselves wide open to legal action here. Anyone reading this thread and who then still goes ahead and does business with this company needs to give their head a wobble.
Not just data protection rules but also slander.
As mentioned this isn't the first email I have recieved from Kelso singling out one of their customers in a group email to pretty much all the makers you can think off (including @Skyhawk ) .
It is terrible practice and certainly not anything that firstly we would do, but also take no notice off, and will not be sharing any of the customers details with anyone.
@kev15 let me know if you would like me to send you the email (I obviously have your email .....and address and phone number !!)

Rutger

Just wondering has BK ever posted any comments here on VLJ? Surely they are aware of this bad press as you don’t run a business with lack of communication like this.
Plenty of it when Platon still was with BK.
Condescending comments were a trade mark of BK.
They knew/know the A-2's but geezzz...their communication sucked/sucks big time.
Very customer unfriendly.