• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso. Whats happening?

mulceber

I could be wrong, but I think some posts have been deleted from this thread. I could have sworn Ikarashi reported on this resolution several days ago, and a bunch of us said we were glad it all worked out.

ikarashi shin-ichi

I also posted about the breakage of the rib knit in "What jacket (s) are you wearing at the moment?" ・・・(Forum→General Flight Jacket Discussion
→What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?⇔page-598、message #11956)・・・   Thank you everyone for your interest. Andy is doing a good job.    Ikarashi Shin-ichi (五十嵐 新一) 2:24AM, May17 2021 (JP)

MrBlue

I have one order placed June 9th 2020, and another placed July 20th 2020, and I am still waiting for both. Andy said to me that they should ship this week.

When I joined these forums, some people recommended that I buy a FiveStar, or, wait until FiveStar improved their A2 patterns, and I regret not listening.

I will likely not buy from Bill Kelso again - even 3 months is a long time to wait, and it is now close to a year. I'm also not enough of a vintage enthusiast to care about historical accuracy. If I cared about historical accuracy, I'd buy from Good Wear and put up with the 24 month wait.

MrBlue

Andy got in touch. My russet Dubow has been finished and will be posted tomorrow.

My ANJ-3 failed QA, got remade, and failed QA again. So he will refund me.

I will probably buy a jacket from Five Star then - thinking of something in the G1 vein. Just waiting for Shawn to get back to me about samples.

ikarashi shin-ichi

BK RW 23380 Liberty Horsehide Russet that I wore for about 5 weeks. I will send it to Bill Kelso Mfg to replace the ribs tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I will not be able to wear it fabout a month. I know it's hot in the summer and I can't wear it, but if I'm not around, I'll remember those long-awaited days. Attached is a record of the exchanges between me and Bill Kelso Mfg Andy over the RW23380 to date. Please have a look.
20210530_152848縮小.jpg
20210530_154619_001縮小.jpg

Attachments

• mail⑯210530更新.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 679

ikarashi shin-ichi

An unusual situation happened, so I emailed ANDY yesterday as follows. I haven't heard back yet (is that always the case? It's a problem. I want one employee to respond to inquiries to improve communication). Bill Kelso Mfg Andy   An abnormal situation has occurred! I just went to the post office to ship the jacket and rib knit waistband. Then, a person at the post office said, "Currently, Japan does not handle airmail to Greece, but it will be by sea. It will take about 3 months to arrive by sea." (Because of the new corona virus. Probably). It is said that the resumption of airmail is undecided. In other words, it will take about 3 months to replace and repair with Bill Kelso Mfg. I don't think I'll be wearing a jacket during the summer, so I can't wait for the flight to resume, but I'd like to have it repaired as soon as possible.  Therefore, I would like to replace and repair the "blue road" that was introduced the other day. I think I gave you a quote for "blue road" yesterday. We will charge you clearly for the costs incurred (shipping costs to "blueroad", repair costs for "blueroad" and shipping costs to me). Please remit money promptly. Is this all right? Please answer by the end of today. ・ ・ ・ Please forgive the difference between the nuances and expressions of Google Translate words. Ikarashi Shin-ichi(五十嵐 新一 )  6:40PM, June 1st 2021 (JP)              ... To solve this problem, Andy introduced me to a good leather jacket repair shop in Japan, but he said, "I'll do it with Bill Kelso Mfg, so send it back" because the repair cost is high. It was. Once I was preparing to return it, this time "A Japanese friend introduced me to another excellent repair, so please ask for a quote there and let me know." As I said yesterday, the replacement rib knit waistband will be returned to Bill Kelso Mfg with the jacket tomorrow (May 31st) or the day after tomorrow (June 1st). We will inform you of the shipping fee later. Please replace or repair as soon as possible. And I want you to return to me as soon as possible! !! I trust Bill Kelso Mfg so I think this is the best way to do it and I don't want to have it repaired at another repair shop. I went to the post office yesterday It should be clear that the defect is in Bill Kelso Mfg. ... In the first place, it doesn't matter to me whether the repair cost is high or low. What do you guys think?
DSCN0817縮小.jpg
20210601_134208縮小.jpg
20210601_065513縮小.jpg
天主堂① - コピー.jpg

Micawber

添付ファイルは、RW23380 に関するこれまでの私と Bill Kelso Mfg Andy とのやり取りの記録の続きです。ぜひご覧ください。View attachment 62490View attachment 62491

As has been suggested why not wear the jacket as it is until the condition of the original knits becomes so poor they actually do need replacing. In the meantime ask Andy to send you a new set and keep these safe until needed. What not ask him for two sets as a goodwill gesture for inconvenience caused!

ikarashi shin-ichi

I just emailed Andy. ⇒Bill Kelso Mfg Andy    
20210515_070912編集.jpg
Blueroadの菅谷さんは、“リブの交換・修理品の納期には7日から10日です”と言っています。おそらく、来週には届くと思います。    実は、私は、持病(「多発性骨髄腫」)の治療のために来週の6月14日から入院します。「入院期間は短くて1か月だ」と主治医は言ってます。私は8月中旬には退院できたらいいなと思っています。入院中はPCではなくてスマーフォンでの対応になるのでコミュニケーションの低下が予想されます。宜しくお願いします。4月30日に“Aeronaut A-1 - Cowhide Badalassi Russet”を発注しました(Order #13334) 。世界一素晴らしいジャケットを期待してます。    言語が間違っていて申し訳ありません。Google 翻訳を使用しました。                                                                                     Bill Kelso Mfg Andy    Mr. Sugaya of Blueroad says, "The delivery time for rib replacement / repair products is 7 to 10 days."Probably it will arrive next week.  In fact, I will be hospitalized from June 14th next week for the treatment of my chronic disease ("multiple myeloma").    "The length of hospital stay is as short as one month," says the attending physician.  I wish I could be discharged in mid-August. During hospitalization, communication will be reduced because it will be handled by smartphone instead of PC.  Thanking you in advance.  I ordered “Aeronaut A-1 --Cowhide Badalassi Russet” on April 30th (Order # 13334).   I'm looking forward to the best jacket in the world.   Sorry for the wrong language. I used Google Translate.   9:00PM, June 11 2021 (JP) Ikarashi Shin-ichi