• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best photos of famous people wearing true vintage leather jackets (military, but not only)

Chandler

Something about A-2’s in modern movies that just don’t look right to me. Too big? Too new?
Too "in color?" ;)

But yeah -- all those jackets look one or two sizes too big.

Shouldn't Baldwin have shaved his head? Like Spencer Tracy wouldn't for 30 Seconds Over Tokyo? :D

Chandler

Yeah. Wouldn’t have been my pick to play Doolittle
Politics or otherwise, I don't think he even studied Doolittle -- or maybe he just can't push away from every other serious role he's played.

I'll pose this question -- I wonder who could have been better -- okay, anyone -- but really pulled it off.

Anyone remember Aaron Eckhart as Doolittle in Midway 2019? I can't -- and I always enjoy his performances.

I was surprised by Woody Harrelson as Nimitz, but I still don't think he completely pulled it off.

Last edited:

Pa12

Pondered that question myself and can’t think of anyone. I think a role like that would be better served by an “unknown “actor.

Micawber

Pondered that question myself and can’t think of anyone. I think a role like that would be better served by an “unknown “actor.

I think that holds true for many roles, well known actors often carry too much professional or personal baggage, while others have about as much ability as a wooden spoon.

Pa12

I think that holds true for many roles, well known actors often carry too much professional or personal baggage, while others have about as much ability as a wooden spoon.
I always think of Russell Crowe in gladiator. While he wasn’t unknown, he wasn’t very well known. He nailed that part.
I saw Russell Crowe in a movie, I think from the 80’s, filmed in Manitoba. Played an Aussie in the commonwealth training program doing his flight training. Unfortunately it was a chick flick.

Pa12

Or perhaps Saskatchewan. Can’t remember. Can’t remember the name of the movie either, but there were a few tigers and ansons in it.

Chandler

I always think of Russell Crowe in gladiator. While he wasn’t unknown, he wasn’t very well known. He nailed that part.
I saw Russell Crowe in a movie, I think from the 80’s, filmed in Manitoba. Played an Aussie in the commonwealth training program doing his flight training. Unfortunately it was a chick flick.
Last Crowe movie I saw was a B Flick, road rage thing -- he didn't have to do much, but look surly and growl. Not his best moment, far from "A Perfect Mind." :confused:

"Unhinged," FWIW.

JonnyCrow

Robert Lansing 12 o clock high
c072cab53337e22f59c5b08da9309ba1.jpg