• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best photos of famous people wearing true vintage leather jackets (military, but not only)

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Let's posting here most favorite photos of famous people wearing their true vintage leather jackets (military, but not only).
I'd like to start from this one which I like most. Really cool man wearing really cool B-3. Superb fit. But enough words - let's just look at that. P.S. Is it ELMC B-3?
fd22b7802984a343ce887efd6b5a2835.jpg

Silver Surfer

ita a cockpit avirex repro b-3 with their "vintage" finish. basically they have the right idea..sorta, but the zipper, hard ware, etc are goofy. see if ya can get a close up of the buckles. they have avirex stamped on them, too big, and made of brass. look at, say an elc or aero repro for what the zipper lay should look like. then check out some pix of originals for comparison. and btw: stallone is about the size of a beer bottle, so the jacket is kinda small, like a 36 maybe a 38. there are some pretty good pix of actors, et al from the 50s-60 wearing originals, maybe even repros. a good place to start is with pix of kirk douglas on a set ,and shaking hands with jackie robinson, while wearing an aero 16160 original. james dean on a live tv drama set wearing his goat rw or it may be a goat perry. then of course, there are the rare pix of yours truely wearing??????

Last edited:

Lebowski

Thanks for the reply! I've read some info that Stallone wears Avirex here, but it just looks unusual for Avirex (unusually cool for Cockpit/Avirex that's what I mean))).
I like this photo all in all 'cause it shows a lot of those things I like most in his films. Very charismatic photo!
I actually think this photo looks cool because of Stallone's charisma mostly, such charismatic person that even Avirex looks nice on him (so nice that I even supposed it to be ELMC or something).
P.S. What do you mean "Stallone is about the size of a beer bottle, so the jacket is kinda small, like a 36 maybe a 38"?
I've just googled that "Even at his current age, he still has a toned body. His actual height is 1.77 meters (5 feet 10 inches) and his weight is 185 lbs. (84 kg). Other measurements include a 44-inch chest, 39-inch waist and 17-inch biceps."
Sly has quite cool body actually, esp. for his age. I think his B-3 jacket on the photo above is about size 42.

Last edited:

Lebowski

there are some pretty good pix of actors, et al from the 50s-60 wearing originals, maybe even repros. a good place to start is with pix of kirk douglas on a set ,ad shing hands with jackie roinsin, while wearing an aero 16160 original. james dean on a live tv drama set wearing his goat rw or it may be a goat perry.
That was really helpful advice from you, thanks! I'll try to google those photos 'cause I highly like old photos of such iconic people you've just mentioned. Thanks again!)

Southoftheborder

Thanks for the reply! I've read some info that Stallone wears Avirex here, but it just looks unusual for Avirex (unusually cool for Cockpit/Avirex that's what I mean))).
I like this photo all in all 'cause it shows a lot of those things I like most in his films. Very charismatic photo!
I actually think this photo looks cool because of Stallone's charisma mostly, such charismatic person that even Avirex looks nice on him (so nice that I even supposed it to be ELMC or something).
P.S. What do you mean "Stallone is about the size of a beer bottle, so the jacket is kinda small, like a 36 maybe a 38"?
I've just googled that "Even at his current age, he still has a toned body. His actual height is 1.77 meters (5 feet 10 inches) and his weight is 185 lbs. (84 kg). Other measurements include a 44-inch chest, 39-inch waist and 17-inch biceps."
Sly has quite cool body actually, esp. for his age. I think his B-3 jacket on the photo above is about size 42.

Bit of PR puffery going on I would think. It's generally reckoned that he's around 5' 7" tall and even 177 cm translates to 5' 8" not 5' 10". But it's like trying to find the real age of a lot of these people and it can vary by quite a few years. Lots of actors are short- arses. Tom Cruise for instance is only three foot six in his earthly incarnation and has to play all his scenes alone in front of a green screen.

I know that because I read it somewhere online...

Silver Surfer

i have met him,, and my wife worked with him on "mean streets". he is way shorter then his pr peeps have it. no bs. dunno about now, but back in the day, sly would always wear cowboy boots....to give him a little [alot] lift. except for guys like liam neeson, and a few others, most actors and actresses are really small folks. small facial features translate well on camera. some years ago, i sold work to scarlett johansson. though not a shrimp, she is smaller then you would think. oh, and she is every bit as beautiful in reality, as seen on screen.

Last edited: