• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best photos of famous people wearing true vintage leather jackets (military, but not only)

Rory Schultz

How cool is this? Ralph Lauren, A-2 and Aston Martin
View attachment 5316 Newman again
View attachment 5315

Ralph Loren is the guy who got me turned on to wearing jodhpurs. I now have over some 50 antiques to contemporary styles along with leather ones. I am telling you, you guys should try it along with a good tweed jacket with elbow patches, thick sweater, riding boots. If not the tweed jacket then a good A-2 of DB leather jacket.

B-Man2

Ralph Loren is the guy who got me turned on to wearing jodhpurs. I now have over some 50 antiques to contemporary styles along with leather ones. I am telling you, you guys should try it along with a good tweed jacket with elbow patches, thick sweater, riding boots. If not the tweed jacket then a good A-2 of DB leather jacket.

I’ll pass on the Jodhpurs and take the Aston Martin.

Rory Schultz

I’ll pass on the Jodhpurs and take the Aston Martin.
Good luck on being able to afford changing the oil on a Martin. Back when I started wearing mine I was driving an 67 Austin Healey 3000 Mark 3.....it looked better with one of these cars. My cowboy boots and hat are when I am in my truck.
50a1fe1c8c610df6a291b4c5119c0fc1.jpg

Rory Schultz

I wonder if you had Vin Diesel, Dave Batista, Zac Effron Sly Stone, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenfart ,(lol) Brad Pitt, Rickety Clint Eastwood...walk across a Ukrainian field with a white flag and had a talk with the Russkies telling them they should reconsider fighting any further or they will not make anymore Fast and furious, Riddick, Gaurdians of the Galaxy or anymore bad ass movies ya think they would throw their guns away go back to Russian mommas sit next to the tv with 10 years of free cable?

Foxy

vesteLe?? Toute la première saison, il passe du coupe-vent bleu à une veste de safari en passant par la veste de vol de type G-1.

2 épisodes qui se démarquent: l’un sur une société de cautionnement qui couvre un meurtre - à la fin, ils attrapent le méchant dans une vieille usine de peinture - ont dû rire lorsque le G-1 est aspergé d’un vieux pot de peinture rempli de peinture jaune. Toutes les vieilles vestes de vol ne finissent-elles pas avec de la peinture à un moment donné? :D

Le second montre en fait l’appartement de Starsky; il s’occupe d’un vieux béguin du lycée qui a connu des moments difficiles. Une scène montre Starsky sur le point de partir à la recherche du méchant et il attrape le G-1 et son étui d’épaule d’un crochet à l’arrière de sa porte - la sécurité d’abord, non?

Je ne suis qu’à quelques épisodes de la saison 2 et ce sont des épisodes spéciaux étranges où ils sont sous « couverture profonde » et habillés bizarrement (costumes à rayures pour Vegas). Je sais qu’il commence à porter une veste brune patinée comme un bandit de grand chemin à un moment donné, mais je ne l’ai pas encore vue.

*Edit: En regardant la liste des épisodes de la saison 1 sur Prime et l’épisode 17: Silence présente une photo de Starsky dans le G-1.
nR78SLZ.png

De plus, l’épisode 22: Bounty Hunter est l’épisode de cautionnement que je mentionne ci-dessus. #20 Running est l’autre épisode que j’ai mentionné. On dirait aussi qu’il s’agit d’épisodes de 1975-1976, on pensait que la série était plus tôt.

isIème
?? The whole first season he switches back and forth from the blue windbreaker to a safari-like jacket to the G-1 type flight jacket.

2 episodes that stand out: one about a skip-tracing, bail bond company that's covering up a murder -- at the end they catch the bad guy in an old paint factory -- had to laugh when the G-1 gets doused from an old paint can filled with yellow paint. Don't all old flight jackets end up with paint on them at some point? :D

The second one actually shows Starsky's apartment; he's taking care of an old highschool crush who's hit hard times. One scene shows Starsky about to leave to look for the bad guy and he grabs the G-1 and his shoulder holster from a hook on the back of his door -- safety first, right?

I'm only a couple episodes into Season 2 and they're odd, special episodes where they're under "deep cover" and dressed weird (pin-stripe suits for Vegas). I know he starts wearing a weathered, brown highwayman-like jacket at some point, but I haven't seen it yet.

*Edit: Looking at the season 1 episode list on Prime and Episode 17: Silence features a pic of Starsky in the G-1.
nR78SLZ.png

Also, Episode 22: Bounty Hunter is the bail bond episode I mention above. #20 Running is the other episode I mentioned. Also looks like they're 1975-1976 episodes, thought the series was earlier.
Jacket hasnot closing tab and button under collar... The front pockets are away from the closure.

Chandler

isIème

Jacket hasnot closing tab and button under collar... The front pockets are away from the closure.
The tab can be buttoned up under the collar -- it doesn't always lay out from under.

Not sure what you're pointing out with the pockets -- my early G-1 pockets aren't on top of the zip seam.

Foxy

The tab can be buttoned up under the collar -- it doesn't always lay out from under.

Not sure what you're pointing out with the pockets -- my early G-1 pockets aren't on top of the zip seam.
Yes for the tab can be buttoned : but i saw in one episode of S & H that Starsky hasnot tab neither button on this side of collar. Sure... For pockets, they are far from zip... For example, my Cagleco pockets are close to the zipper...

Chandler

Yes for the tab can be buttoned : but i saw in one episode of S & H that Starsky hasnot tab neither button on this side of collar. Sure... For pockets, they are far from zip... For example, my Cagleco pockets are close to the zipper...
Buttons and tabs can be torn off over time. I'd still I.D. the jacket as a G-1 variant based on all of the images I've seen.

FWIW -- I checked the pocket placement on my Monarch and they're in just about the same position as Starsky's jacket.

Foxy

Pictures show that zip isnot Conmar 5 and collar hasnot button and tab. It was a good work to find that !! :eek:)))

Attachments

• Curseur fermeture blouson Starsky.png
    Curseur fermeture blouson Starsky.png
    296.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Col Starsky.png
    Col Starsky.png
    561.1 KB · Views: 97

Foxy

Buttons and tabs can be torn off over time. I'd still I.D. the jacket as a G-1 variant based on all of the images I've seen.

FWIW -- I checked the pocket placement on my Monarch and they're in just about the same position as Starsky's jacket.
I agree with you. G-1 variant.