• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Bronson F—-k Up. Their L-2 jacket .

Micawber

In my parallel universe perhaps it's a totally automated robotic production line type process where the decal is silk screened multiple times onto sheets of fabric which are then laser cut in sizeable batches before having the additional bits attached then the thing is made up into sleeves. Who knows?

coolhandluke

These are from the website, Based on the position of the text above the sleeve pocket, " Angela" may have a point. (except for that XXL size problem)

Nonetheless, positioning is chosen poorly

View attachment 92611View attachment 92613

+1...if she isn't incorrect regarding the position in correlation to the epaulet. The roundel appears centered on my size 38 sleeve in that location when the sleeve is flattened against the side of the jacket, even though it's not centered below the epaulet. Looks like all of Bronson's L-2s will have the roundel placed in this location, so an exchange likely won't fix the issue. IMO, Burt's decal also looks a little crooked, but that could be from the perspective being warped due to the mirror, angle, and cell phone lens.

20221006_180715.jpg

coolhandluke

Naw, the decal on Burt’s jacket it totally misplaced, and not like the ones shown recently.

Not trying to be argumentative Vic, but the placement looks consistent with mine. The rear edge of the epaulet bicects the center of the roundel on mine. Burt’s actually looks like it's placed slightly forward of that position, but possibly rotated at an angle.

20221006_180920.jpg

Pa12

I’m sure there’s slight discrepancies from jacket to jacket, but Burt’s is beyond any acceptable anomaly in my eyes. It’s closer to the tricep then shoulder. I wonder if they had a whole run like that in this size? Maybe that’s why she is suggesting a different size. But, perhaps I’m giving her more benefit than is deserved . Maybe she is just a slinky.

Pa12

If someone on the forum had the same jacket, same manufacturer and size, a comparison picture would be worth a thousand words…or emails.

Chandler

@B-Man2 -- based on the pics at the Bronson web site, looks like you should have ordered the blue -- that one has the decal in a more appropriate position. :cool::rolleyes:

B-Man2

The original looks like it sits to the rear of the epaulette as well . Now I have another repro called a Jinrushi that I purchased a while back and the decal is perfect . It’s a size XL as well so I’m surprised that the original sits in the correct position when the jacket is being worn . I’m guessing , but I think the problem with the Bronson is the decal is misplaced and the sleeve was mis rotated a bit toward the rear.

C3470D51-F324-40E7-80E1-46705DF6986E.png
8ACC917C-358D-4D9E-935B-93427145D87F.png

B-Man2

Late to the party, but mines also misplaced. Funny, I never checked more closely.Mine resembles @coolhandluke's above...
@coolhands looks like it’s off to me as well.
From the photos of Jorge’s original, I’m not sure why the original wouldn’t be off when the jacket is being worn as well …… strange .

B-Man2

So sorry for you Burt. This situation is frustrating.
I don't understand how Bronson could make such a big mistake.
I was considering buying a B-10 from Bronson... for me this is a definite "No go".
Kermit
I had a Bronson B-10 and there wasn’t an issue with the decal . It looked perfect . I wouldn’t let this problem influence my decision if I were you . Cheers