• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Bronson F—-k Up. Their L-2 jacket .

B-Man2

This is a Bronson. It is a size XL. The top point of the star aligns to the X stitching on the epaulet.
Leps decal looks correctly positioned.
So here’s Jorge’s original
BF1DB574-54DF-4BC0-94F8-5F875D8CACC9.jpeg
7819F4B0-26C6-44A8-8657-4022E5C7D6D7.png

Here’s Leps jacket from a few years ago above .
And here’s cool’s jacket below
9FFD66D0-E363-4E9B-A238-AF6D480994B6.png

Last edited:

leper-colony

Few more, not ideal views:

Brettafett

Honestly ….. too confusing . Kind of useless beating this one around any further . I’ll let you guys know how it all turns out down the road .
Burt, mine also off centre. I have not worn it a lot since last year when I received it and didn't notice, until now. Eew.
But I had the same run around with that Souvenir jacket, lots of emails, but no resolution.
Eventually she sent me a $10 voucher or something.
Personally, Id rather put my money into BR, ELC or RM. Im becoming fussy in 2023.

B-Man2

Burt, mine also off centre. I have not worn it a lot since last year when I received it and didn't notice, until now. Eew.
But I had the same run around with that Souvenir jacket, lots of emails, but no resolution.
Personally, Id rather put my money into BR, ELC or RM. Im becoming fussy in 2023.
Easy to understand Brett. Trying to deal with a company that’s on the opposite side of the world with a 12 hour time difference is a major PIA . I’m still emailing back and forth with no significant headway .

coolhandluke

this is how the decal looks on my new Bronson B-15C, delivered today....

View attachment 92845

Their MA-1 and B-15's are centered under the shoulder seam. For some reason, it just seems to be the L-2 and L-2A that are caddywompus.

Originals are all over the place, but are more centered under the epaulet. This jacket in leper-colony's post above is similar to Bronson's placement (rear half of roundel is behind epaulet).

original-usaaf-usaf-2-flight-jacket_1_e919346c07c94e05498c71aebab518ed.jpg

Last edited:

coolhandluke

+1...Bronson is a decent value, but I'd rather purchase a single jacket that I will be 100% satisfied with rather than three jackets will be knit picked to death due to inaccuracies or materials that aren't up to par. I do appreciate having a budget offering in order to try out a specific pattern/ model though. After wearing the Bronson L-2 ($125 shipped when on sale), I know that I would never spend $531.50 shipped on a BR.

That being said, I think even the roundels on the BR L-2's may be placed 1/2 (or 1/4) behind the rear edge of the epaulet as well.

br_l2_jkt_mont.jpg

B-Man2

So ….. here’s the latest …
After a couple of more emails going back and forth between myself and “Angela”… with 24 hour delays between the emails , she finally accepted the return and sent me a Priority mail return label to ship the jacket back to Bronson. The jacket was sent back and today I was advised that a new XXL , L-2 jacket is coming my way …. Once the new jacket arrives, I’ll let you guys know how it all works out with the positioning of the decal .
Cheers

B-Man2

So … a quick update to this thread. It’s now been over 3 weeks since I sent back the original L-2 jacket to Bronson as directed by “Angela” so that I could exchange the jacket for a larger size. Angela acknowledged receipt of the jacket and sent me an email stating that Bronson would send back a size XXL jacket to replace the XL I returned. To date I haven’t received the jacket . So still waiting for a completed resolution to the problem of the mis placement of the shoulder decal . I’ll let you know how it all ends, once I find out . :oops:

Smithy

So … a quick update to this thread. It’s now been over 3 weeks since I sent back the original L-2 jacket to Bronson as directed by “Angela” so that I could exchange the jacket for a larger size. Angela acknowledged receipt of the jacket and sent me an email stating that Bronson would send back a size XXL jacket to replace the XL I returned. To date I haven’t received the jacket . So still waiting for a completed resolution to the problem of the mis placement of the shoulder decal . I’ll let you know how it all ends, once I find out . :oops:

Not good Burt and sorry to hear of your troubles. Here's hoping the replacement turns up soon and is a vast improvement. That one you sent back was seriously wonky.

B-Man2

Not good Burt and sorry to hear of your troubles. Here's hoping the replacement turns up soon and is a vast improvement. That one you sent back was seriously wonky.
Tim
I guess it’s coming out of China again. It will probably get here in time for summer. :mad:
BTW …. Hoping the birds can pull off a “Hat Trick” against the Giants and make it 3 in a row . :)

Smithy

Tim
I guess it’s coming out of China again. It will probably get here in time for summer. :mad:
BTW …. Hoping the birds can pull off a “Hat Trick” against the Giants and make it 3 in a row . :)

I'd spray that bad boy down with a ton of anti-bac before you pull it out of the bag when it turns up just to make sure it's not covered in Kraken ;-)

The Eagles dominated the Giants in the two games this season and Hurts seems to really like moving the ball around against them and does so well so I'm hopeful. Exciting times Burt!