• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Bronson F—-k Up. Their L-2 jacket .

B-Man2

Well ……,if you’ve been following this post , this will be the final episode in the Bronson
L-2 screw up.
So ….. today I received the replacement jacket from Bronson. If you’ve been following this thread I sent the first one back because the decal was way off the center position of the shoulder/ sleeve . The factory rep “Angela “ had advised there was nothing wrong with the jacket other than I had ordered one size too small , which caused the decal to be way out of position. We’ve all been around these jackets long enough to know a bullshit excuse when we hear one, but I accepted the explanation in hopes that a new jacket might have been silk screened more accurately and have the decal in the proper position. ………. I was wrong !……….
Here’s the end result .
BA1A9E0C-9499-4990-82F2-7838294E4867.png

Not a lot of difference from the first jacket pictured below.
4196AAC9-8876-486C-B6BA-F190D051BA43.png

On the second jacket I also noticed the main zipper that Bronson originally used looks as though it may have been replaced with a smaller puller and zip with smaller teeth. I can’t say this positively but to my eye the zip looks different . It certainly feels and zips differently as the puller hangs up and catches frequently on its way up and down . See below.
0C9B1B31-F6F7-4358-AABB-0EAA107A86F2.jpeg

My over all impression of the jacket is that I am not happy with it . You guys can make your own evaluations of it . In all fairness to Bronson I should add that I’ve owned their B-10, B-15a and their A1 jackets, and I’ve been very happy with all of those.
Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Smithy

That's a real bummer Burt. Any way you could remove the meatball and either wear it plain or put a transfer on from MASH or the like?

B-Man2

That's a real bummer Burt. Any way you could remove the meatball and either wear it plain or put a transfer on from MASH or the like?
Tim
No chance of removing it without damaging the jacket. And it’s not worth the effort . This is one of those times where you just have to accept that the jacket is what it is and move on .

Smithy

Burt, PM me your address and I'll send the XL I have, that I have not really worn.

Someone buy that man a beer.

That's what this place is all about, helping other guys who are into the same weird, niche hobby that we're all into on here.

I love that offer. Nothing about sending money, just "hey I've got something which I don't want so you may as well have it after the shit you've been through."

Leper-colony, you are one seriously great guy.

Brettafett

I doubt Ill be buying more from them myself. Never say never, but as we all know too well, you get what you pay for.
And I wish they'd fess up and try and correct, than try to spiel their way out of an issue.
Great for beaters, for the curious, for the cash strapped, or other reasons, but if after authenticity and the like, best be prepared to spend more and go up.

Flightengineer

I doubt Ill be buying more from them myself. Never say never, but as we all know too well, you get what you pay for.
And I wish they'd fess up and try and correct, than try to spiel their way out of an issue.
Great for beaters, for the curious, for the cash strapped, or other reasons, but if after authenticity and the like, best be prepared to spend more and go up.

I agree, I managed to buy two B-15A of good quality (one sold), B-10 was a little worse, I sewed on the buttons by hand. The N1 was also well made...but it had long monkey sleeves (didn't match their sizing chart at all) and I had to spend money at a tailor to shorten the sleeves. And I said - enough.
Oh, and before that there were OG-107 pants that turned out to be garbage and which I gave to a friend to work in the garage.

So everything ends sooner or later and customer loyalty too. The story of Burt's unfortunate jacket is proof there.

Last edited:

JonnyCrow

Well ……,if you’ve been following this post , this will be the final episode in the Bronson
L-2 screw up.
So ….. today I received the replacement jacket from Bronson. If you’ve been following this thread I sent the first one back because the decal was way off the center position of the shoulder/ sleeve . The factory rep “Angela “ had advised there was nothing wrong with the jacket other than I had ordered one size too small , which caused the decal to be way out of position. We’ve all been around these jackets long enough to know a bullshit excuse when we hear one, but I accepted the explanation in hopes that a new jacket might have been silk screened more accurately and have the decal in the proper position. ………. I was wrong !……….
Here’s the end result .View attachment 94711
Not a lot of difference from the first jacket pictured below.
View attachment 94713

On the second jacket I also noticed the main zipper that Bronson originally used looks as though it may have been replaced with a smaller puller and zip with smaller teeth. I can’t say this positively but to my eye the zip looks different . It certainly feels and zips differently as the puller hangs up and catches frequently on its way up and down . See below.
View attachment 94715
My over all impression of the jacket is that I am not happy with it . You guys can make your own evaluations of it . In all fairness to Bronson I should add that I’ve owned their B-10, B-15a and their A1 jackets, and I’ve been very happy with all of those.
Thanks for your time.
Jeez Burt, that decal also looks slanted as well as off centre