• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 original color photos

Thomas Koehle

Lucky guy ...

ghJKdCp.jpg

Kermit3D

The Canadian crew of the Sherman medium tank “Clanky” in Normandy. The armored vehicle of the commander of squadron “C” from the 29th Canadian armored reconnaissance regiment (also known as South Alberta Regiment) of the 4th Canadian armored division of Captain Dave Currie.
On the tank’s armor, its Canadian crew members were stationed: tankmen Gordon Holstrom, Corporal John Lardner and Dick Mitchell.
This Sherman Tank will be lost later in the battles in the area of the Dutch town of Bergen-op-Zum. The photo was published on the cover of the magazine “Liberty” on December 16, 1944.

02573.jpg

Pa12

The Canadian crew of the Sherman medium tank “Clanky” in Normandy. The armored vehicle of the commander of squadron “C” from the 29th Canadian armored reconnaissance regiment (also known as South Alberta Regiment) of the 4th Canadian armored division of Captain Dave Currie.
On the tank’s armor, its Canadian crew members were stationed: tankmen Gordon Holstrom, Corporal John Lardner and Dick Mitchell.
This Sherman Tank will be lost later in the battles in the area of the Dutch town of Bergen-op-Zum. The photo was published on the cover of the magazine “Liberty” on December 16, 1944.

View attachment 99893
Right on. My fellow canucks eh!

Pa12

Right on. My fellow canucks eh!
And by the way, that whole “eh” thing is not totally accurate. Like most countries, accents vary from province to province. The only people I’ve ever met with the “bob and Doug McKenzie “accent were from the west, Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Chandler

The best are the guys from Newfoundland. With their Irish ancestry. Especially when you get out of St. John’s and into the back woods. Got a buddy from badger I’ve known for 20 years and I still can’t understand a friggin word he says ;)
Oh, I'm completely fluent in U.P. (Yooper), my grandmother having grown up there and me spending summers there as a kid.

I can walk into any tavern and blend right in. ;)

Holy wah. :p

Last edited:

Pa12

Oh, I'm completely fluent in U.P. (Yooper), my grandmother having grown up there and me spending summers there as a kid.

I can walk into any tavern and blend right in. ;)

Holy wah. :p
Lord tunderin Jesus bye, called em two tree times and ee wouldn’t pick up. Right bit a c##t ee is my sun. Stay wheres yer at and I’ll comes where your too. ;)

JonnyCrow

The best are the guys from Newfoundland. With their Irish ancestry. Especially when you get out of St. John’s and into the back woods. Got a buddy from badger I’ve known for 20 years and I still can’t understand a friggin word he says ;)
That's so true, a series called Murdoch mysteries, constable George crabtree, he's Irish and depicted as from Newfoundland :D oh and I'm Irish also, both parents from Derry but I was raised in England, my Irish family though, still in Derry, language can be hard to understand for non Irish haha