• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the weathers like in your area? Is it jacket time yet?

better duck

Still A2 weather, but getty nippy in the mornings. This morning I put on my A10 gloves for the first time this season, and the moment is drawing close to free the B3 and Irvin! Looking forward to that again! (as I look forward to putting them in the closet again after the winter). That's the charm of Western European weather: all jackets have their time of year (sometimes all in the span of a week)

Curahee

Have been wearing my 1955 L.W. Foster this last week, great jacket although nobody seems to
give a rats ass about this work of art, cause that's what these jacket of the golden jacket era
are. Anyways... really enjoy wearing my jackets again, cann't wait for AN-J-4 weather.

dujardin

i was waiting that for long, today is the first day in my regio with temperature lightly below zerooooooooooooooooo
so, i will start wearing my B3 when i bring Elisabeth at school bus.

byeeeeeeee friendship from Belgium marcel

Clark J

We're getting hammered here in Minnesota with a very early cold snap.Have went past the A-2 right into the B-10 and the D-1!!!!Had snow on the ground here a few days ago,temps should still be around 60.

jack aranda

Here, we had the remnants of a Japanese typhoon blow through, setting all sorts of new 24-hour rainfall records. 2.49" (just under 1 cm) here in the City; 12.89" in the Santa Cruz Mtns. to the south of us. Lots of wind, as well. Now, the front is trailing off like a school yard bully looking for somebody new to shove around, leaving us with power outages, downed trees, and wet shoes. I wore the 'new' Russian aviator's coat yesterday; it performed superbly. Back to A-2 weather by tomorrow.

Oh, and, there was a small earthquake in the evening.

Vcruiser

jack aranda said:
Here, we had the remnants of a Japanese typhoon blow through, setting all sorts of new 24-hour rainfall records. 2.49" (just under 1 cm) here in the City; 12.89" in the Santa Cruz Mtns. to the south of us. Lots of wind, as well. Now, the front is trailing off like a school yard bully looking for somebody new to shove around, leaving us with power outages, downed trees, and wet shoes. I wore the 'new' Russian aviator's coat yesterday; it performed superbly. Back to A-2 weather by tomorrow.

Oh, and, there was a small earthquake in the evening.

Jeeze...I'll never talk bad about Indiana's fickle weather again......
Van
BTW...50s..damp. A2 weather...

Swing

Decent amount of frost this morning. Supposedly still in the 30s, and it's almost noon. :eek: My snow tires are in, and are going on early next week.

~Swing

jack aranda

Just for fun, here is a link to a webcam posted atop the Berkeley Hills at the Lawrence Hall of Science. It's a panoramic view of the Bay, the City, the Golden Gate, and a bit of Marin. Changes once/minute, and has a cool 24-hour time lapse film of each day. If you like weather, this is fun. And, you can check out earthquakes as a bonus.

http://sv.berkeley.edu/view/

Vcruiser

jack aranda said:
Just for fun, here is a link to a webcam posted atop the Berkeley Hills at the Lawrence Hall of Science. It's a panoramic view of the Bay, the City, the Golden Gate, and a bit of Marin. Changes once/minute, and has a cool 24-hour time lapse film of each day. If you like weather, this is fun. And, you can check out earthquakes as a bonus.

http://sv.berkeley.edu/view/

Hell..right now it's showing blue skies..with puffy fluffy picturepostcard white clouds. I don't buy it. It could be a LaLaLand leftcoast Hollywoodish wino trick....

bfrench

Administrator
Chilly enough for an A-2 along with a T-shirt

Environment Canada's Official Weather Warnings

Niagara Falls - Welland - Southern Niagara Region
3:22 PM EDT Wednesday 14 October 2009
Frost warning for
Niagara Falls - Welland - Southern Niagara Region issued

Widespread frost expected again tonight.

Temperatures are forecast to fall to near or below zero again tonight in most locales. Widespread frost is thus expected to redevelop.

Here's a pic of Hacker and Van at the beach this summer while trolling for the rare two-legged bikini fish.

HackerandVanatthebeach.jpg

Cheers,
Bill French

bfrench said:
Here's a pic of Hacker and Van at the beach this summer while trolling for the rare two-legged bikini fish.

HackerandVanatthebeach.jpg

Cheers,
Bill French

I thought that was Hacker and Van in New York with Grant, gee those guys get around.... :p

Bevan.

fl1946

Here in Irvine, CA, I've been wearing my G-1 since July and added my A2 in the early 5A morning. G1 in July you ask? Yea. This jacket is necessary where I work: two floors of labs, cold storage/freezers surrounding our building here at the regional FDA. During the summer they crank down the thermostat til all the staff are frostbitten. The A2 wearing is real though. It is getting cooler in the early morning hours. :roll:

Semper Fi,

Frank

Hawkeye

Had the Irvin out last night for the first time this season, and again this morning. It seems to be abnormally cold for this time of year.

fleet16b

Hawkeye said:
Had the Irvin out last night for the first time this season, and again this morning. It seems to be abnormally cold for this time of year.

Seeing as Hawkeye and I live in the same region, I second what he says.
Woke up this a.m. to find that it was -8 deg c PERFECT!!! gave me a chance to try out my less than 24 hrs old ELC Irvin.
She worked well