• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the weathers like in your area? Is it jacket time yet?

greyhound52

Finally got a break from the heat and was able to wear an A2 this morning to walk the dogs. Last night got to wear one as well due to the strong wind. Been since early May since I was able to wear one and was itching to do so. Glad to see the cooler temps as the 90s and 100s were getting to me.

zoomer

Leather Weather is here in central Iowa. Wore the Tall size Willis & Geiger A-1 thru 2 days of rain - the extra coverage and water resistant finish came in handy. The ELC A-1 (regular fit) is the choice for bicycling to and from school, and today I gave the ELC Werber 1729 its first outing of the season just walking around town. A seasonal wet 'n stretch may be in order.

bfrench

Administrator
zoomer said:
Leather Weather is here in central Iowa. Wore the Tall size Willis & Geiger A-1 thru 2 days of rain - the extra coverage and water resistant finish came in handy. The ELC A-1 (regular fit) is the choice for bicycling to and from school, and today I gave the ELC Werber 1729 its first outing of the season just walking around town. A seasonal wet 'n stretch may be in order.

Hey, Zoomer,

Good to hear from you again.

Cheers,
Bill French

CBI

funny this thread as today was the FIRST day I could really wear an A-2 and did.

John Lever

I've been wearing my ELC A-1 out and about shopping, but wore my BR B-2 to go to the pub recently. 3 deg. C in the mornings here last week.

CHECK6

HI YOU ALL,here in BELGIUM is the perfect weather for A2,very cloudy, rain waited for late afternoon,max 15°C
have a nice day
FAB

wop54

Not yet A2 weather in northern italy: 14-15 C' in the morning up to 24-25 C' during the day... but i expect both the A2 weather and my Rough Wear 1401-P from JC any day... perfect timing! :D

Andrew

wop54 said:
14-15 C' in the morning up to 24-25 C' during the day...
Exact same temps as here Carlo, except ours is on the way up. Time to start considering selling a few.

Swing

Wore my ELC Monarch Saturday night. First time I've worn an A-2 out in I don't know how long. I've worn my Buzz Tanker a couple times, but mostly I've been wearing my Buzz zip deck jacket. It's been 50s, rain, and windy here for the past week, and looks like that's the forecast for a while. Normally that would be A-2 or tanker weather for me, but after last winter, I just can't take the cold anymore.

~Swing

Chandler

Wore my Tanker or M-65 all weekend camping. Camping in the cold, wet, and mud -- bleah. At least it wasn't snowing.

Probably put on an A2 today for running around - high of 63°F expected.

Chandler

Hawkeye

Its been Hartmann weather (I suppose thats the same as A-2 weather) here for the past couple of weeks.

Dr H

Andrew said:
wop54 said:
14-15 C' in the morning up to 24-25 C' during the day...
Exact same temps as here Carlo, except ours is on the way up. Time to start considering selling a few.

Always room to expand my girth and grow my arms to fit your larger Perry Andrew... :lol:

Roughwear

It was cold and windy on Saturday in Kent so I wore an Irvin for the first time since the spring. On Sunday it was warmer and the ELC Cable got an outing.

Cobblers161

Same as above, B-10 weather on sat (at last) but mostly A-2 weather although generally I wear one all the time anyway.

As the maritime temperate climate in the UK is becoming much milder so the window of decent A-2 opportunity opens up.

I have to admit to looking forward to some more B-10 weather, sick I know but this RMJ Stagg is way cool! Also dragged out my trusty N-1 from the attic and looking forward to giving that a spin.

Hopefully it'll get cold enough to convince the wife I need a D-1 at some point.

fleet16b

Here in Southern Ontario Canada, it is 14 deg c during the day and down to 6 deg c over night . RW 1401 weather
Still not cold enough for us Canadians to put on a winter jacket just yet.
However, by the time ELC gets my Irvin done and shipped , it should be close to winter here.

DJS48

In the the southern part of China, Guangzhou/Hong Kong area, it won't be "true" A-2 weather until about December/January that one can wear it fairly often. However, crank down the a/c temp control in the house and it can be worn all the time!
Regards,
Don

8tfish

Prime jacket weather is just getting under way in the St. Louis area. Highs in the low to mid 60's most of this week. Mornings are in the mid-40's. I only have a G&B A-2 (and a G&B G-1 which I usually wear in colder weather) right now but hope to start a modest collection with a GW procurement sometime soon.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Jacket weather is largely finished here, but a cold snap had me wearing an A-2 today.

I'd been outside lurking on the corner, and a passer by followed me back into the shop to ask if I was wearing an Eastman. I was trying to tell him about Real McCoy's .... he was telling me how he went to school with Gary Eastman, and that he owned examples of the entire Eastman range.