• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

Bronson b-10 today.
IMG_6018.jpeg

Griffon_301

Dany, I forgot to mention that there's a few photos of this in the excellent (and huge) MiG Alley. Blowing my trumpet a bit but my copy is signed by Jim Thompson who flew "The Huff" :)

tcinla_230718_64b5e87749475.jpg

which "Mig Alley" book do you refer to? the one from Warren Thompson?

Smithy

I can imagine! I am already searching online for a good copy to add to my book collection :)
Specialty Press is always a guarantor for high quality books

Phil, I went through a stage where I was exceedingly interested in the Sabre wing's war over MiG Alley. I got a lot of books signed by Sabre jockeys.

Another prized one is that I got James Salter (Horowitz) to sign a first edition of his Gods of Tin. That's another one I'd never sell although I've had a couple of people make offers when they found out I have it. He also signed a few other of his novels for me too so I was a bit lucky!

coolhandluke

Wore a fresh-from-the-mail Bronson M-421A this evening for about two minutes before it hit the washing machine. No notable disappointments with the jacket. I was a bit taken aback by the softness of the material. If feels quite a bit like a sateen cotton. I've never handled an original or another repro, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

The size 38 fits perfectly. Depending on how it fits after washing and air drying, I may or may not keep the size 40 that's currently en route. It should look great with a chambray shirt, pair of jeans, and roughout boots.

Edit: Disregard the post above regarding the "no disappointments" part. The zipper pull is on the wrong side! Looking at Bronson's listing photos, the pull is installed on the left side (opposite the windflap) on the model's jacket, but I didn't catch it prior to ordering.

Last edited: