• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Wz1999

GW 1401-P today
IMG_0589.jpeg

B-Man2

So for the new guys, here’s a jacket you may have never seen before . It’s called a USN G-8 Flight Jacket. In reality it’s the flight jacket that never was. I say this because this jacket never existed in the USN or AAF supply chain.
It’s strictly a product of Avirex’s imagination and marketing . This jacket was sold 30 years ago and touted as a repro of a 1920s open cockpit USN flight jacket … They sold it in their store in New York but it was all smoke and mirrors. Now what I will speculate on is that this jacket looks amazingly similar to the Indiana Jones Wested jacket that was made for the Raiders of the Lost Ark and subsequent Indy movies. Could the Indy jacket have been copied from this design … well I don’t know because this is all speculation in my part . But they sure as hell look very similar.

IMG_3031.jpeg
IMG_3032.jpeg
IMG_3033.jpeg
IMG_3034.jpeg
IMG_3037.jpeg
IMG_3035.jpeg
IMG_3036.jpeg
IMG_3038.jpeg

Last edited:

Pa12

Nice
So for the new guys, here’s a jacket you may have never seen before . It’s called a USN G-8 Flight Jacket. In reality it’s the flight jacket that never was. I say this because this jacket never existed in the USN or AAF supply chain.
It’s strictly a product of Avirex’s imagination and marketing . This jacket was sold 30 years ago and touted as a repro of a 1920s open cockpit USN flight jacket … They sold it in their store in New York but it was all smoke and mirrors. Now what I will speculate on is that this jacket looks amazingly similar to the Indiana Jones Wested jacket that was made for the Raiders of the Lost Ark and subsequent Indy movies. Could the Indy jacket have been copied from this design … well I don’t know because this is all speculation in my part . But they sure as hell look very similar.

View attachment 143295View attachment 143297View attachment 143299View attachment 143301View attachment 143307View attachment 143303View attachment 143305View attachment 143309
jacket regardless of what it’s supposed to be or not supposed to be. Avirex could build nice stuff back in the 80’s. Don’t know why they veered into crap later.

Lord Flashheart

View attachment 143295View attachment 143297View attachment 143299View attachment 143301View attachment 143307View attachment 143303View attachment 143305View attachment 143309

See what you mean Burt. There's quite a lot there to base an Indy jacket on. But whether it's a real or make believe military jacket it looks good and very wearable in the real world. Thumbs up from me.

CK90

Cold and wet here today, so Switlik and a Chambray shirt:
View attachment 143503
Chambray shirt and a USN jacket, the combination of all combinations. JC kindly sent a few leather samples with a jacket I just received from him (will post pics shortly) And that goatskin really is something else, just as you described, thick, slight oily texture, just stunning.