• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Dany McDonald

Taken earlier today and keeping VLJ original but nylon instead of leather so make it VNJ... ;)

I am an avid early jet age nylon garment fan and Korean war era jacket enthousiast. Today's' weather is perfect for my 1952 AF33 30047 Albert Turner B-15C. Needles to say I Iove this jacket.

Bert_Turner_B15C-01.jpg

Bert_Turner_B15C-02.jpg

mulceber

Taken earlier today and keeping VLJ original but nylon instead of leather so make it VNJ... ;)

I am an avid early jet age nylon garment fan and Korean war era jacket enthousiast. Today's' weather is perfect for my 1952 AF33 30047 Albert Turner B-15C. Needles to say I Iove this jacket.

View attachment 143527

View attachment 143529
Woah, is that all-original? Interesting to see a mis-match between cuffs and waist-knits.

Dany McDonald

Woah, is that all-original? Interesting to see a mis-match between cuffs and waist-knits.

Jan, I've looked many times at the work done and compared the overall quality of the knits (superior with the pale brown) with my original Pritzker B-15C (blue) and its totally on par (craftsmanship). We know that period photos of original L-2A exits with the entire kit of knitting being of a different colour. So yes I'd risk saying 100% original.

I know I have a korean war image with a B-15C in yellow kints somewhere in my image bin... I'll post it later...

Dany

Smithy

View attachment 143527

View attachment 143529

I had one of those Albert Turners. Lovely jackets, mine was beaten up more than that.

I had to get rid of it as it was part of "The Great B-15C Incident" which I have mentioned before on here and which I dare not mention around the missus.

Still a sore point.

Smithy

I'm no B-15C expert but the originals I had were really, really short in the body. I think these were designed primarily to be worn over a flight and g-suit and only with a view to be worn seated. These weren't jackets you swanned around in if you weren't in flight kit or on the flight line.

Smithy

Jan, I've looked many times at the work done and compared the overall quality of the knits (superior with the pale brown) with my original Pritzker B-15C (blue) and its totally on par (craftsmanship). We know that period photos of original L-2A exits with the entire kit of knitting being of a different colour. So yes I'd risk saying 100% original.

I know I have a korean war image with a B-15C in yellow kints somewhere in my image bin... I'll post it later...

Dany

Dany, I forgot to mention that there's a few photos of this in the excellent (and huge) MiG Alley. Blowing my trumpet a bit but my copy is signed by Jim Thompson who flew "The Huff" :)

tcinla_230718_64b5e87749475.jpg

Smithy

We had a chat about this in a thread a few years back. It was the B-10 thread but it morphed into talking about Korean blue nylon with contrasting knits.

I also had a "lively" discussion with Charles from HPA about it too. I'm of the opinion this was an in-theatre replacement and not issued as such. Anyway read the thread for my and others ideas and opinions...

https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/rust-knits-b10s-argument-over.20489/page-3