• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

John Luder

Would it be worth contacting Bronson and asking for some of these buttons, or will they just blank on that request and it doesn't work that way?

Be certain, all hope is not yet lost.

I'll try my best to help find these for you. Sometimes all it takes is using the right 'keywords' to narrow the online search down.

Do you know the correct name for the color of the button?
I'm still searching, myself. The buttons on the Bronson were fine and didn't require any notice, so I didn't pay any attention, until...
The BDU buttons on my new size 44, not from Bronson, were not apparent on the mfgr's website, other than being round and OD in color.
Only when the jacket arrived did I have an adverse reaction.
I will also continue to scour the ether for other sources, if the mfgr doesn't reply to my email.
If/when I find what works, I'll advise all.
This is why this is such a valuable forum. Even for cheapskates like me who scrimp on repro jackets that I get to wear 4-6 weeks out of the year.
Thanks to one and all,
John

John Luder

Dumpster D - it is an original B2 cap, but with wearing it for quite a few years when driving my MB the sheepskin on top gradually disintegrated and I patched it up , eventually the top was all leather patches. 'Er indoors hates it and since I wore it last has "tidied" it away somewhere, she's up in town for a couple of weeks so may have to wait for me to photo it. Further to the recent flurry on original buttons I have these , most taken from a 40s'50s pair of British battledress trousers which were so mothed when I dug them out again a few years back got thrown away but of course I kept the buttons for a rainy day but don't think they'll ever be used by me so if they are of use to anyone for cost of the stamp from UK, let me know. The larger are about 18mm
View attachment 134203
I always salvage buttons when a period, or repro, item goes tits up. Those buttons are almost as rare as hen's teeth in the US. I love the color of the lighter ones.
Thanks for the posting,
John

Dumpster D

I'm still searching, myself.
I wrote to a couple button suppliers this afternoon, showing them photos of the A9 Trouser button. Didn't see any button that was a close enough match anywhere online yet.

Will attempt to reach out to some different repro makers and report back. Please give me a few days.

Awhile ago I was checking out how to make resin cast molds for vintage bakelite radio knobs, I have some rare unobtanium parts that can't be sourced and I was looking into custom fabrication. There's some interesting how-to youtube videos on making resin molds.

Keep in mind, that if I ever go down that road at some point, Rare WWII buttons are on the list to reproduce.

Last edited:

Saint-ex

It was very too early to take the metro.

IMG_1959.jpeg

ties70

IMG_4409.jpeg
Here is my other FS B-3, this time constructed after the HLB original that Shawn owns.

The fleece could be lighter but the overall finish of the reddish shearling looks fantastic IMO.

Here is a recent example of the same contract for another German guy. The fur looks slightly less curly than on my jacket.

IMG_4410.jpeg

CBI

these 5 Stars look great. I saw the second photo on FB. I think its a very large size which is why some might think the pocket looks small. I mean really, these look as good as the "high-end" makers. Enjoy!!!!

OperationCoffee

View attachment 134277Here is my other FS B-3, this time constructed after the HLB original that Shawn owns.

The fleece could be lighter but the overall finish of the reddish shearling looks fantastic IMO.

Here is a recent example of the same contract for another German guy. The fur looks slightly less curly than on my jacket.

View attachment 134279
Maybe I’m wrong but doesn’t the map pocket look too small?

B-Man2

View attachment 134277Here is my other FS B-3, this time constructed after the HLB original that Shawn owns.

View attachment 134279
Ties
Looks great !
Did you do anything to the russet hide on yours? It looks very nice and aged . The hide in the second photo looks red

Skyhawk

I'm still searching, myself. The buttons on the Bronson were fine and didn't require any notice, so I didn't pay any attention, until...
The BDU buttons on my new size 44, not from Bronson, were not apparent on the mfgr's website, other than being round and OD in color.
Only when the jacket arrived did I have an adverse reaction.
I will also continue to scour the ether for other sources, if the mfgr doesn't reply to my email.
If/when I find what works, I'll advise all.
This is why this is such a valuable forum. Even for cheapskates like me who scrimp on repro jackets that I get to wear 4-6 weeks out of the year.
Thanks to one and all,
John
I have these buttons for sale on eBay. They are vintage style and brown with an olive tinge. Here they are compared to the Bronson B-10:
IMG_20240111_085225845.jpg

IMG_20240111_085139943.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304450097853