• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

coolhandluke

Wearing Jan's BK Star again. If I look put out, it's only because I don't own any shearling.

z439FjS.jpeg

Screenshot_20240111_192223_Samsung Internet.jpg

newagegeezer

sold my 2 Irvins and B3 , all originals, a few years back as we were downsizing and I hadn't worn them in years, have an original B6 which usually suffices in SE England but been so cold lately I've been venturing out in my '40s Harrods teddy bear coat. If raining I've also got the open car version with leather upper (just to keep this post in the realms of vintage leather)

IMG_3559.JPG

Smithy

sold my 2 Irvins and B3 , all originals, a few years back as we were downsizing and I hadn't worn them in years, have an original B6 which usually suffices in SE England but been so cold lately I've been venturing out in my '40s Harrods teddy bear coat. If raining I've also got the open car version with leather upper (just to keep this post in the realms of vintage leather)

View attachment 134367

Nice coat. The clogs look nice too.

Micawber

View attachment 134367

Nice!

Smithy

Yes . Real winter coming for us tonight. 20cm and pretty cold week ahead. B-3 , Irvin weather. Except I don’t own one.:(

bitter cold here, gotta grab my B-3..............oh, that's right, I don't have one :(

Honestly you lot without a decent sheepskin flying jacket, what a total disgrace.

So before we start saying you're not the sharpest tools in the shed, sounds like time to remedy that sad and frankly unacceptable misfortune ;)

Pa12

Honestly you lot without a decent sheepskin flying jacket, what a total disgrace.

So before we start saying you're not the sharpest tools in the shed, sounds like time to remedy that sad and frankly unacceptable misfortune ;)
Well, when I get up tomorrow and get on the tractor to move snow, I’ll be wearing insulated coveralls. Much better than any sheep can offer ;). For real cold, nothing beats a one piece.

Pa12

Even un insulated , regular coveralls make a huge difference. It’s the onesie thing. But I always get tall or long size. Prevents swallowing your nuts when you bend over.

Smithy

Well, when I get up tomorrow and get on the tractor to move snow, I’ll be wearing insulated coveralls. Much better than any sheep can offer ;). For real cold, nothing beats a one piece.

You're talking to the man who lives inside the Arctic Circle in Norway ;)

Yes insulated onesies/workwear are excellent for manual labour. All the Council workers, fishermen, etc wear them here over winter. I have a pair for working in really bad conditions. I also have a onesie winter sailing set which are beyond warm. But when you're not faffing around in your tractor or wrestling with replacing rooftiles in a gale, it's nice to have a sheepskin jacket. At least I think it is!