• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

entertainment

GW Werber

IMG_1283.JPG

Smithy

Just been out shovelling snow for which I always use an ATF Jerry Sumpftarn parka. Excellent jacket/coat for doing manual labour when it's snowing.

newagegeezer

Après le deluge (lots of flooding), it's now gone from mild to bloody cold here in UK so the earlier post on hunting parkas reminded me that I hadn't worn my US Woolrich wool hunting jacket for a long time (has teh poacher's pockets in the back), it's actually a scarlet red rather than orange with an alpaca type wool lining, lovely jacket. picked it up in a thrift shop many years ago on trip to US.
40s50sWoolrich.jpg

newagegeezer

Btw - A long time back I looked up the label and according to a Woolrich dating forum in the Fedora lounge the R symbol on the label was introduced in 1947 and by late 50s the sheep was standing on green to represent grass , so this jacket dates from 1947 – mid-late ‘50s it seems.

B-Man2

Aye, the ark left on the receding tide across the fields just in time to miss the much cooler weather. I broke out the used, abused and fairly recently washed (again) ATF fleece lined tanker for this morning’s chores….

View attachment 133659
Steve
When you wash this jacket .. do you just wash it as you would with any soiled clothing?
By that I mean do you just throw it in the washer with some laundry detergent and run it through the cycle ?
What about dryer or hang dry ?

Micawber

Steve
When you wash this jacket .. do you just wash it as you would with any soiled clothing?
By that I mean do you just throw it in the washer with some laundry detergent and run it through the cycle ?

It goes in the wash with the other work stuff on a general cycle ( not boiling hot) then on the line if it’s fine or dryer if inclement. I can ask SWMBO for specifics as she drives the washing machine.

Edited to add that the marks that can be seen now are from paint and sealer etc so pretty permanent.

IMG_2138.jpeg

Chandler

Steve
FWIW from my experience... cold wash and hang dry. I washed that way the first time and my jacket shrunk up about an inch all around -- not at all bad.

For some reason I completely forgot about hanging dry the second time and threw it in the dryer -- warm, but not hot... but I got another inch, or so, shrink. :confused:

It still fits okay, but I have a reserve, unworn WCJ in the same size and you can definitely see (and feel) the difference.

Also, don't zip them up -- I tried that (for some reason I can't recall) and the zip separated from the bottom up and I had to put some work into setting it straight. Works fine now, but it was a hassle.