• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

Thanks Thomas. The Roughouts are just the Ralph Lauren version that Burt had recommended as an inexpensive option a while back. I've worn them 2-3 days per week for the last year and they've honestly been much better boots than I expected.

View attachment 134073
FYI
I removed the green RL Label from mine and they look more authentic . You can even remove that little leather tab at the top but it leaves two small stitch holes .

coolhandluke

FYI
I removed the green RL Label from mine and they look more authentic . You can even remove that little leather tab at the top but it leaves two small stitch holes .

Absolutely Burt.

I've found that there are two different types of these Ralph Lauren roughouts. The first pair that I purchased was composed of a thinner suede that was lined with orange canvas on the interior. It has green pull tabs on the back of the boot and will be found in the Brown, Hunt Green, and Snuff colorways.

m89616674757_1.jpg

The natural colored version shown below is a much higher quality boot. The leather is actually a true roughout, not a thin suede with canvas backing like the other versions. The footbed in this version is much more comfortable as well. IMO, the natural roughout version, feels like it is boot that's 3x the price of the other version. They are a much higher quality boot than you typically get from most mall fashion brands and one of the best wearing boots that I have ever owned.

shopping.jpeg-3.jpg

Chandler

Any idea who manufactures (manufactured?) the RL boots for them?

They do look well-made.

@coolhandluke -- are those the laces that came with the boots on the second (lighter) pair shown? They're similar to original-issue laces provided with the army roughouts.

B-Man2

They do look well-made.

@coolhandluke -- are those the laces that came with the boots on the second (lighter) pair shown? They're similar to original-issue laces provided with the army roughouts.
So …. Here’s the info on the maker of the RL Roughouts . The tops are spot on , the sole is corded same as the originals and the heels are repro of the originals . So here’s where they’re made .
IMG_2155.jpeg
IMG_2156.jpeg
IMG_2157.jpeg
IMG_2158.jpeg
IMG_2159.jpeg
IMG_2161.jpeg

Chandler

So …. Here’s the info on the maker of the RL Roughouts . The tops are spot on , the sole is corded same as the originals and the heels are repro of the originals . So here’s where they’re made . View attachment 134113View attachment 134115View attachment 134117View attachment 134119View attachment 134121View attachment 134123
Damn. Too bad it's so generic -- I sort of hoped it might show an actual manufacturer.

I guess I'll have to wait for Oak Street to bring back their roughouts. ;)

coolhandluke

They do look well-made.

Yes, those are the laces that come with that particular version. Here are photos of the pair that I own. They've been worn somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 - 125 times and their soles and footbed are holding up great.

Unfortunately, I don't see any indication of who might have produced the boots though (if it was a 3rd party other than RL).

20240109_135722.jpg

20240109_135746.jpg

20240109_135825.jpg

20240109_135844.jpg

20240109_135912.jpg

John Luder

This past Sunday on the drive to the WWII airport museum for a docent's day's work.
A subtropical 58 at the top of the hill, got up to 61 on the tarmac down there. I had to take my B-10, 6552, and A-2 to accommodate the changing temp and wind speed. Damned chilly in those hangers. Probably 55. The B-10 was the best choice.
You're looking at the Camarillo plain, still a lot of farming. The thin, blue stripe is the Great Pacific, and that lump on the ocean (to the left of the tower) is one of the Channel Islands, but not the ones the jerries occupied during the recent hostilities.

IMG_0345.jpg

leper-colony

I don't want to 'burn' this supplier yet, but have any of you ever seen a B-10, or good repro, with these buttons?
I think they're 60s on, sort of Viet Nam era.
The lining looks like the shiny polyester that's used on cheap jackets and plush stuffed toys.
I'm having a very difficult time explaining this button thing with the mfg.
Thanks,
JohnView attachment 134147
They look more like modern BDU buttons.

leper-colony

I think I know the vendor, and I almost pointed it out to him. They are trying. I would be salvaging a pair of original trousers for buttons, if there was something cheap.