• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Lorenzo_l

GW Doniger on a cold and crisp day

Doni_Dec_23.jpg

The somewhat loose fit of this jacket allows me to comfortably wear a fleece jacket under it making it usable in winter. This jacket is simply a joy to wear.

Mr. Mike

ELC GW B-6 here today.
one of my jackets which I dearly love but which I don't wear nearly as often as it deserves...

do you guys have similar experiences and jackets?
the ones you would probably never let go but then again don't wear that often?
Sure! Oftentimes periods are too short throughout the year (no ' real A-2 weather' etc.). And global warming seems to screw all plans for heavy shearling jackets :confused:

MauldinFan

Headwind Bronco. I wore it out to dinner and some errands after work:
20231220_184256-01.jpeg

It feels better each time I wear it.
I need to put the AAF meatball and AN stamps in the liner to 'complete' it for now. I don't think I'll add a squadron patch and for sure won't paint the back, but I might add the leather strip nametape... maybe.

Last edited:

bseal

First time I've smiled like that in quite a while.
I don't wanna go into details as I dont want to look like I'm fishing for sympathy, but it's been a really hard month for me and an overall crummy year...
Tells us more about that and your experiences. We are all frenemies here.

MauldinFan

Lost my Dad in June and my Mom on the 9th.
I sent Mom photos of my newest A2 before she passed. She sewed AAF nametapes to two of my repro A2s when I was in my teens and 20s, so she got it.
Dad understood the hobby. We all did civil war reenactments as I grew up.
EPSON110-01.jpeg

This was probably 1979, at Olustee Florida. I'm the little kid with the flag.
Now, my brother and I are middle aged grizzled vets, wondering where the time went...

Pa12

I sent Mom photos of my newest A2 before she passed. She sewed AAF nametapes to two of my repro A2s when I was in my teens and 20s, so she got it.
View attachment 132125
Had the same in 08 . Both parents within 2 months. Takes time, but you’ll start smiling again. Shitty part of life but better days will come and you carry on with great memories.

B-Man2

View attachment 132125
Now, my brother and I are middle aged grizzled vets, wondering where the time went...
Had the same in 08 . Both parents within 2 months. Takes time, but you’ll start smiling again. Shitty part of life but better days will come and you carry on with great memories.
Hats off to both of you guys for sharing some difficult and sensitive details . It’s always a painful time when you loose someone dear . It takes on even more significance when it happens near the holidays .

Pa12

turn of the century mom passed away, several months later, my pop. yes, it is brutal, but time will help to cope and understand....there will still be moments, but they will come to you fondly.
I thought it was so rare at the time, passing so close together. But I’ve since heard of countless accounts the same. I guess from being together so long. Probably for the best ( for them).

mulceber

I thought it was so rare at the time, passing so close together. But I’ve since heard of countless accounts the same. I guess from being together so long. Probably for the best ( for them).
Yep, my grandmother was in great health. Then my grandfather died, and a week later she injured herself while sorting through the things he left behind. She passed less than 6 months later.

Smithy

View attachment 132125

I lost both my parents when I was relatively young. It knocked me around a hell of a lot more than I realised at the time.

Time heals. Also remember that you're half your Mum and your Dad so they're always with you.

This time of year is always a little tough but dwell on the fantastic memories you have and raise a glass to them on Christmas Day.