• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

I lost both my parents when I was relatively young. It knocked me around a hell of a lot more than I realised at the time.

Time heals. Also remember that you're half your Mum and your Dad so they're always with you.

This time of year is always a little tough but dwell on the fantastic memories you have and raise a glass to them on Christmas Day.
Yes . The dates make things rough. I was in the middle of a very nasty divorce when my folks went. As a result, my son became estranged and I’ve had no contact since 09. So Christmas, birthdays, fathers and Mother’s Day , I try to stay real busy until they pass. Sorry for all the gloom. But as lesson, you can get past most anything in time.

Smithy

Yes . The dates make things rough. I was in the middle of a very nasty divorce when my folks went. As a result, my son became estranged and I’ve had no contact since 09. So Christmas, birthdays, fathers and Mother’s Day , I try to stay real busy until they pass. Sorry for all the gloom. But as lesson, you can get past most anything in time.

That's the nature of life. It pays no respect to holidays and such like.

I used to have a real hard time with Christmas because Mum and Dad weren't around. Now I just think that it's a time to celebrate all our family who are here and also those who aren't.

Flightengineer

I lost both my parents when I was relatively young. It knocked me around a hell of a lot more than I realised at the time.

Time heals. Also remember that you're half your Mum and your Dad so they're always with you.

This time of year is always a little tough but dwell on the fantastic memories you have and raise a glass to them on Christmas Day.
Golden words, Tim. They are with us forever.
I often think about this after I lost my mother last spring, my father left earlier.

Drzdave58

I just acquired this Golden bear varsity today. It's in mint condition. Found it on marketplace.
20231222_144314.jpg
20231222_144356.jpg