• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Dany McDonald

Hi,

Went for a walk and ran errands yesterday in my new Buzz J.A. Dubow W535-AC-27798. Going for a beer later in it so its ok to post the past....;)

It repros a redeye and I was amazed at how close it gets to my original 27798 skin. The Buzz Crown is also something I wanted to try for a long time. Its not the usual purple burgundy knits, but they did come in brown and the liner is also a bit different but correct for the contract according to GW. The epaulette X is not correct but they may have been a couple of exceptions, I am still looking for a squarer X Dubow. My original is elongated. The pockets, like my other Dubow from Platon are also bigger than my original. I am very happy with this Buzz, especially the redeye, an effect I was after for a while.

Here it is:

Buzz_J.A.jpg
Buzz_J.A. Dubow W535-AC-27798_002.jpg

Buzz_J.A. Dubow W535-AC-27798_003.jpg

Buzz_J.A. Dubow W535-AC-27798_004.jpg

Buzz_J.A. Dubow W535-AC-27798_005.jpg

coolhandluke

Hi,

Went for a walk and ran errands yesterday in my new Buzz J.A. Dubow W535-AC-27798. Going for a beer later in it so its ok to post the past....;)

It repros a redeye and I was amazed at how close it gets to my original 27798 skin. The Buzz Crown is also something I wanted to try for a long time. Its not the usual purple burgundy knits, but they did come in brown and the liner is also a bit different but correct for the contract according to GW. The epaulette X is not correct but they may have been a couple of exceptions, I am still looking for a squarer X Dubow. My original is elongated. The pockets, like my other Dubow from Platon are also bigger than my original. I am very happy with this Buzz, especially the redeye, an effect I was after for a while.

Here it is:

View attachment 86141View attachment 86138

View attachment 86139

View attachment 86140

View attachment 86142

Looks phenomenal Dany!

Smithy

Pissing down today again so the Barnstormer which laughs off rain. Honestly Horween's CXL FQHH must be the most water resistant leather known to man. I've worn it in full downpours and the water just beads, it never even gets close to getting waterlogged. Must be all the waxes they stuff in the thing.

Sturm Mil-Tec roughouts for a change from the service shoes.

mulceber

Jan, your A-1 Fivestar is Awesome.
You probably mentioned it somewhere, but is it the A-1 in capeskin ? Have you had it long ? bought it new ? the leather seems to have a nice patina.

That’s the one exactly. I actually bought it new a year or two ago. I asked Shawn to make some adjustments to the pockets and collar in order to make it more accurate to the Gordon & Ferguson A-1. When it arrived, however, I didn’t really wear it at all, partly because of the very matte light russet color out of the box, and partly because it was a bit short in the sleeves (although I’m becoming fond of the shorter sleeve length).

I had honestly written my Five Star A-1 off as a failed project when it happened to come up in conversation with Burt, and he suggested this process he has for tinting leather that’s had good results on some of his own jackets. I figured that I wasn’t getting any use out of the jacket as it was, so the situation could only get better. I mailed it off to him, and these are the results. Now I’m just waiting on a patch for it from Ties:
9DA2A2A2-0B35-4CC6-9CA6-989EEF96C9D3.jpeg

Rory Schultz

Just took this a moment ago, doing a school lecture on the 8th Air Force for Veteran's Day week.
Avirex on the mannequin, ATF B-10 on the table, unknown maker for the A-2 on me as it never had a tag. It's got a 91st BG patch I painted, and the liner was signed by Robert Morgan (pilot of the "Memphis Belle") the last time I saw him.
View attachment 86041
If you look further, the thin display case on the table has a bunch of stuff given to me by a B-17 co-pilot vet from the 91st who sadly 'went west' in 1999. Included are all his patches, pieces of flak taken from inside his plane (Sugar Blues, from the 323rd BS) and his escape-evasion photos. Behind that is a piece of the upper pilot's side wing of a B-17, taken from a crash site from a post-war crash.
If you're curious, that's a B-8 parachute on the dummy. All original except for the jackets and clothing I'm wearing.
I'm also wearing my new "fortress" brand crusher I recently got from the UK.
NOW THAT IS OVER-COOL!