• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ausreenactor

That’s the one exactly. I actually bought it new a year or two ago. I asked Shawn to make some adjustments to the pockets and collar in order to make it more accurate to the Gordon & Ferguson A-1. When it arrived, however, I didn’t really wear it at all, partly because of the very matte light russet color out of the box, and partly because it was a bit short in the sleeves (although I’m becoming fond of the shorter sleeve length).

I had honestly written my Five Star A-1 off as a failed project when it happened to come up in conversation with Burt, and he suggested this process he has for tinting leather that’s had good results on some of his own jackets. I figured that I wasn’t getting any use out of the jacket as it was, so the situation could only get better. I mailed it off to him, and these are the results. Now I’m just waiting on a patch for it from Ties:
View attachment 86186
A patch from Ties? Do tell...

D97x7

5* Dubow in russet goat.
No longer doing a santa impression :D
IMG_20221116_122435_edit_551349437161182.jpg

Chandler

It was cold and snowy here yesterday, so I put on the N-3B for the trek to the mailbox. Nice and toasty.

The "intermediate" jackets have rotated to the storage closet for now, even though there are predictions of 50° next week (after highs in the twenties all weekend) -- the ATF Tanker will fill in.