• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

jschare

Thanks Jeff! I really appreciate you letting me take it off your hands. I've been looking for a nice 50's - early 60's G1 for awhile. The knits and mutton are in OUTSTANDING condition.
I know the feeling. I’ve been looking for a nice 38 since I dropped some weight and 40s no longer fit.

Nickb123

GW 16160 cowhide

86F073F5-4526-4704-B330-8FC4DEAB4D5D.jpeg

coolhandluke

I hate it when you tell your tailor/seamstress what you want and then... it's totally ignored. Been though it more than a few times. It's like face palm and then let it go.

The most disappointing aspect was that I made two pages of instructions with photos and the tailor refused to keep them, but then called later to say that he forgot what he was supposed to do with the spec label. When I picked up the jacket and asked about the size label, he immediately got defensive and said that he was told to remove "the old one". It really wasn't worth the trouble to argue the point. I just felt fortunate that the rest of the work turned out well.

Spitfireace

It's just that tailors in the "yellow pages" don't really get what you are talking about in the first place. You have to send it away to someone like on here who does then you have the courier back and forth. Starts to get way expensive.

Spitfireace

When you start talking about specific thread types and colors it's like ya....doesn't get passed down to the seamstress in the back of the store. Then it's like who are you are going to blame? It's done now.