• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Mr. Rawky

MikeyB-17

Can’t find anything identical online, closest is an LL Bean. The big deep pockets made me think Schott at first, but I don’t think it is. There’s something on that label, is it legible at all? There were an awful lot of companies making that sort of jacket back then-that type of pinking shear-edged label is very common. Great patina!

MaydayWei

The Platon Dubow and some classic British weather.
I've been really enjoying breaking her in.

Dubow beach.jpg

MaydayWei

Dude, that could not be a more perfect A-2. Fit, profile, make... Price!
You nailed the A-2 thing right there, get the seal and you need nothing else. You won't find anything better on this planet at the time.

Thanks very much, Brett! I'd like to think I nailed the fit too. ;)
And don't worry, I am indeed seriously considering ordering another in seal! So much for minimalism.

mulceber

Is this real news or speculation? I am quite interested in it for all the good reasons!

Thanx,

D

I'm pretty sure it's real, and I think I recall that in late 2020/early 2021, Platon said he was putting the 20960 project on hold since COVID was messing up his supply lines so much and he had to focus on filling the orders he had. Nevertheless, as far as I know, he still plans to do it at some point. It's possible that I'm wrong though. I'd be happy to hear more, if others have more info.

Dany McDonald

Yeah I've read about it too here on VLJ but like you I'd be happy to hear more. With Platon you have to be patient about new info.

I've been contemplating at having a jacket done from my NOS crown M-41 and that 20960 (Platon) is on the list with Aero 21996 (Goodwear) and Dubow 23379 (Norshore incredible redye).

D

Brettafett

I know BK has a 20960, there are some pics of it somewhere... So is that the jacket Platon is referring too, one wonders. I recall that they could make it (and some other contracts not advertised), but its warranting making the labels...
I think Platon is still running behind. At those prices, Id get both!

Micawber

First decent evening here for a while so took the old '43 Willy's out for a sunset ride around the old airfield with the GW Perry on my back.

Being far from the madding crowd means this place was top secret during the war. At times like this it is not to imagine you can hear the roar of B-17 & B-24 engines throttling up at the start of their take of run during the USAAF & USN time here, then later the sweet sound of Merlins as umpteen RAF Mosquito and Mustangs mount Operation Carthage In March h of '45.

Like most wartime airfields you can almost touch the atmosphere...

IMG_20210810_202033_996~3_resize_39.jpg
IMG_20210810_202224_394~2_resize_81.jpg

ausreenactor

First decent evening here for a while so took the old '43 Willy's out for a sunset ride around the old airfield with the GW Perry on my back.

Being far from the madding crowd means this place was top secret during the war. At times like this it is not to imagine you can hear the roar of B-17 & B-24 engines throttling up at the start of their take of run during the USAAF & USN time here, then later the sweet sound of Merlins as umpteen RAF Mosquito and Mustangs mount Operation Carthage In March h of '45.

Like most wartime airfields you can almost touch the atmosphere...

View attachment 65175View attachment 65176

It makes me happy when guys get their Willys out!

Great post mate!