• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

Browning 9mm...
Great weapon with a real combat history. It was the only weapon that was issued to 4 different services during the war.
The Brits, The Canadians, The Australians and the Germans in 1940 after they took over the Fabrique National Plant in Belgium.

Smithy

Great weapon with a real combat history. It was the only weapon that was issued to 4 different services during the war.
The Brits, The Canadians, The Australians and the Germans in 1940 after they took over the Fabrique National Plant in Belgium.

We (the Kiwis) used them the same as the Aussies up unto a couple of years back when they changed to SIG Sauers and Glocks.

We were also using the Steyrs like the Aussies as well but have recently changed to the MARS-L which is a new generation of the M4.

B-Man2

We (the Kiwis) used them the same as the Aussies up unto a couple of years back when they changed to SIG Sauers and Glocks.

We were also using the Steyrs like the Aussies as well but have recently changed to the MARS-L which is a new generation of the M4.
Just read today where the US SEAL TEAMS have dropped the SIGS and are going to Glock 19s.
Sorry guys not trying to steal the Thread Im done.

Smithy

Just read today where the US SEAL TEAMS have dropped the SIGS and are going to Glock 19s.
Sorry guys not trying to steal the Thread Im done.

Right now it's pretty quiet around here Burt so I doubt whether anybody will be too fussed about going off on tangents in threads. I don't know how it is for everyone else but we're in lockdown here so I'm enjoying just having a chinwag with my mates on VLJ. I'm cooped up with my wife and two kids all day and I love them more than the world but it's nice to chew the fat with someone else even if it is online!

Smithy

I've taken to only watching or reading the news once a day. I personally don't think it's psychologically healthy in this day and age of constant media bombardment when there's something terrible going on to be subjected to it all day.

Just imagine if back in the 40s people were subjected to news all day about the casualty levels, war crimes, massacres, etc, etc.

I'm starting to think that 24/7 news saturation isn't good for people. Bad shit happens around the world all the time but the individual human being wasn't designed to cope with hearing about it all the time.

Micawber

I'm rationing my news input to the major factual bulletins once or twice a day. There is so much conjecture and speculation it becomes overwhelming as does so much of the blathering on social media.

I can be king of my own patch and control matters here but I have no control over what is going out "out there". I'll be going out with the gun and filling up the freezer with some fresh meat and the wife can get some exercise digging and planting her vegetable plot ...she likes doing that, until her back goes!

Spitfireace

I'm rationing my news input to the major factual bulletins once or twice a day. There is so much conjecture and speculation it becomes overwhelming as does so much of the blathering on social media.

I can be king of my own patch and control matters here but I have no control over what is going out "out there". I'll be going out with the gun and filling up the freezer with some fresh meat and the wife can get some exercise digging and planting her vegetable plot ...she likes doing that, until her back goes!
What kind of meat are you bagging? It's a great skill to have to be able to get your own food. Lately events remind us how people will hoard all the food out of the supermarkets. So being able to provide for yourself is certainly valuable. I go out to target practice myself, but I've never actually shot an animal for food. It's generally something your Dad teaches you, and since mine was not a hunter, I've not learned.

Micawber

What kind of meat are you bagging? It's a great skill to have to be able to get your own food. Lately events remind us how people will hoard all the food out of the supermarkets. So being able to provide for yourself is certainly valuable. I go out to target practice myself, but I've never actually shot an animal for food. It's generally something your Dad teaches you, and since mine was not a hunter, I've not learned.

I'm in the UK and we don't have vast tracks of untamed wilderness to go a' huntin' in but I do have my own land and access to more. I'll take whatever presents itself, is in season and edible ;)

Thomas Koehle

trying to pull through a whole BRONSON week ...

day 2 is the BRONSON A1 Combine with Hickory bibs and SCHIESSER button up shirt

oyQXni8.jpg

GwS1GfC.jpg

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Nice looking jacket, looks like a good quality jacket for the price, goatskin looks quite thick.
I suppose it's sheepskin/capeskin, not goatskin. The leather looks really nice, with its pleasant slight shine and good thickness! Congrats Thomas, very good purchase and looks/fits really well!

Spitfireace

I'm in the UK and we don't have vast tracks of untamed wilderness to go a' huntin' in but I do have my own land and access to more. I'll take whatever presents itself, is in season and edible ;)
So I gather it would be rabbits and grouse and small game rather than deer and such?

Smithy

I've ditched the flying jackets pretty much when going out now here, using Barbour/Belstaff style coats with loads of pockets as I tend to be carrying more stuff than I did BC (Before Corona).

Spitfireace

Jacket for today is CWU-36P. Weather is finally nice enough to be able to wear something lighter. Spring is in the air! The birds are chirping! There's a virus going around. So I'm at home mainly. Work is paying me to stay at home and do nothing but look at jackets on the internet that I shouldn't buy because who knows how the financial thing is going to go? Meanwhile, have a nice jacket day everybody!
CWU-36p.jpg